Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Freedom Train 09.01.2017

c2q
0 30 274

Good Morning Fellow EXer's 

The Freedom Train is on the tracks and prepared to make its daily run to freedom from smoking. Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal freedom and that of their friends!

Today's Celebrations

DebiD has 3 years

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, those of your friends, and show pride in your quit: 1 day, 200 days or 2000 days, or more if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our freedom. Post food and music - IT IS PARTY TIME! This train is bound for FREEDOM from the evils of tobacco and smoking.

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

What is the Freedom Train? More here

If you are new here, this vehicle provides a place for everyone to gather to celebrate the milestones and successes of those in our community. There are no tickets. The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring. The rides on this train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this train is a desire to breathe free. We encourage everyone to join in the celebration. No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees; bring all your "EXtra baggage" and we will help you sort it out.

How do I count my days? 

Your quit info is here

From time to time we have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate every day of their freedom, here on the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed. For example, pir8fan quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 he had reached 365 days. However, he had not completed a year until 01/01/2011.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train here.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) or ShawnP at any time.

Daily Freedom Train Conductors

Weekend (Saturday/Sunday): crazymama_Lori

Monday: Youngatheart.7.4.12

Tuesday: JACKIE1-25-15

Wednesday: Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14 

Thursday: shashort

Friday: c2q

Tags (1)
30 Comments
Mandolinrain

Congrats to DebiD and 3 years!!!!! I get to join you tomorrow!!!!

1095DOF for me! Thanks for picking me up:)

c2q

Welcome Aboard the Freedom Train this first day of September, and a big CONGRATULATIONS to the EX we honor today, DebiD!

Happy National Happy Cat Month, and we have a lot of reasons to be happy today - all those sickorettes we don't smoke anymore! 

In the words of our honoree, 

DebiD/blogs/DebiD-blog/2016/09/01/3-years   September 1, 2016

... just take it one day at a time, and educate yourself. It helps to know that smoking is more than a habit (like I used to think it was). It was when I learned it was an actual ADDICTION that I realized what the hold was. It was addiction holding onto me, not the habit. The "habit" was really no problem. 

c2q

Speaking for cats everywhere, "we are here to party!"

c2q

The dining car is open. Let's grab a seat by the window.

Hop on board and give a shout-out to DebiD‌! This is Pati, and I'm riding today with 2315 DOF.

"It's not the number of days in your quit, it's the quititude in your days!"

bonniebee

Cat month ....I love it and here is my pretty Olivia although I should say Our since she is really my friend /roommate's cat too ! olivia and paperwhites.jpg

Congrats to  Debi  DebiD on 3 fantastic years of freedom !!! great job !sayings rock your quit 5.jpgHappy cat dance for you !!!!quit 3 red.pngWhat a great number !

sayings congrats 1.gifThanks for picking me up Pati I love the  "cat treats " for us humans ! have a great day Ex

ers and congrats to all riding the Freedom Train !!!

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations everyone!  

Thanks Pati for the fun Friday train ride!

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats to DebiD‌ for a marvelous 3 year quit.  Come and celebrate with us.  I am on with 950 DOF.  Yay Toot Toot.  Sorry I do not own a cat. Image result for cat month

elvan

Thanks for picking me up this morning c2q‌, National Cat Month????  MY cats think that's EVERY month.  Huge congratulations to DebiD‌ on her three year anniversary!  

It is a rainy, cool day here in VA, only in the 50's which seems REALLY cool.

I will be visiting that dining car and getting a nice, big cup of coffee and maybe some oatmeal!  I am boarding the train today with 1321 DOF.

Ellen

MisFitz

Day 5 and jumping on the train again.  One day and one train at a time!

c2q

Hey MisFitz‌ - I love your screen name, and I love that tag line - "one day and one train at a time!" Welcome again to EX and to this Freedom Train!

vanlil

Hopping on this FUN train today.  Whoppee for DebD celebration of 3 yrs.  

Lillian (vanlil) 440 days of freedom

c2q

Here you go, Ellen, elvan! Piping hot from the dining car kitchen to warm you up! thanks for riding today.‌

KMC56

Oh wonderful, cat month!?  My two cats will be all  over that ...not like they aren't already spoiled!

Enjoying the ride of freedom!

Happy September!

c2q

Bonnie bonniebee‌!  Olivia is a beauty!  this is Elle. She's also thinking that everyday is Catday.

elvan

c2q‌ Thank you, thank you, and with BLUEBERRIES on top, doesn't get any better than that!

Giulia

Rah Rah and Happy 3rd DebiD!!!!  

Go riders go!

Daniela2016

Wow, what a fun ride today, thanks Pati for picking me up with 539 DOF!

DebiD‌, big congrats on 3 years, huge, great, good for you!!!

freeneasy

Congrats DebiD !   I'm boarding the train with 1700  days     Jim

MarilynH

Thanks for picking me up this afternoon Patti, congrats to you and everyone on board especially DebiD on 3 glorious smoke free years and counting WTG.

YoungAtHeart

Now THAT is the funniest looking cat I have EVER seen!

'=)

YoungAtHeart

Congrats to DebiD on THREE YEARS!

GREAT train today, Pati!

This one is doing what MY cat used to do most of the day!

kitty in shoe.jpg

Jennifer-Quit

We can't forget the dogs of this world Nancy.   I thought a dog thrown in the middle of all those cats would stir things up a bit.....

Strudel

Congrats to DebiD! Happy weekend to all! 

shashort

Wowsers Pati what a great train ride today and thanks for picking me up today. Woohoo Congratulations to DebiD  on your 3 years of freedom. I am aboard with 476 days.

c2q

Thanks for checking out the pool there, Jennifer-Quit‌'s pup. Looks like the water is fine. Dogs are welcome to celebrate Happy Cat Month, they're our besties. National Dog Day was in August, but I see the party continues ... Rock ON. 

c2q

Wow Nancy YoungAtHeart‌ - a real live Puss-in-boots! Too cute. 

DebiD

Actually it has been 4 years, but thank you!

DebiD

Actually as of Sept. 1st 2017 it has been 4 years!

DebiD

As of Sept. 1st 2017 it has been 4 years

DebiD

Thank you all for the comments! Happy to say that it was 4 years that I just celebrated! Had I known that being a non-smoker was so great, I would have quit sooner than I did!