Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

FREEDOM TRAIN 4/24/17

YoungAtHeart
2 15 159

Good Morning Fellow EXer's 

The Freedom Train is on the tracks and prepared to make its daily run to freedom from smoking. Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal freedom and that of their friends!

Today's Celebrations:

ALL who celebrate their days of freedom with us!

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, those of your friends, and show pride in your quit: 1 day, 200 days or 2000 days, or more if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our freedom. Post food and music - IT IS PARTY TIME! This train is bound for FREEDOM from the evils of tobacco and smoking.

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

rain train.png

What is the Freedom Train? More here

If you are new here, this vehicle provides a place for everyone to gather to celebrate the milestones and successes of those in our community. There are no tickets. The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring. The rides on this train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this train is a desire to breathe free. We encourage everyone to join in the celebration. No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees; bring all your "EXtra baggage" and we will help you sort it out.

How do I count my days? 

Your quit info is here

From time to time we have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate every day of their freedom, here on the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed. For example, pir8fan quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 he had reached 365 days. However, he had not completed a year until 01/01/2011.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train here.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) at any time.

Daily Freedom Train Conductors

Sunday: ShawnP

Monday: Youngatheart.7.4.12

Tuesday: JACKIE1-25-15

Wednesday: Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14

Thursday: shashort

Friday: c2q

Saturday: ShawnP

Tags (1)
15 Comments
dwwms

Good Morning, Nancy. I'll be the first to jump onboard this morning. I am here with 33 days of freedom and still counting!!

Doug

c2q

Love today's train, Nancy YoungAtHeart. You remind me that sometimes in life, and quitting, it's all about perspective. 

Pops

Good morning YoungAtHeart‌!  Thanks for getting the train rolling this morning too....So it's not a very good day to be outside singin in the rain unless.....well then, he was an idiot as well....I do NOT do singin in the rain!!!

But, I do DO trains on a rainy Monday!!!! So let me sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

I'm Pops, and I am rocking this quit with 335 Days of Freedom!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! 30 more baby....;-)

Mandolinrain

965 DOF and going strong! Congrats to all of us:)

elvan

Thanks for picking me up, Nancy, and thanks @c2q for the images of perspective, hahaha.  It is a dark and gloomy day, perfect for recovering from working this weekend.  

I am boarding today with 1191 DOF,

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Image result for celebrate

Whoo  hoo I am on with 819 DOF

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations Everyone!

Have a Great Day!

shashort

Thank you Nancy for picking me up today. I am happy I don't have to go outside in the rain to get my fix. Congratulations to all of us quitters. I am aboard with 346 DOF.

freeneasy

funny-minion-monday-quotes-and-sayings-6.jpg

Congrats to all aboard.     Jim  1570 N.O.P.E.

Rxbecca1981

1459 days here, almost my 4 years quit!

angel51859

Congrats to everyone!! N.O.P.E. NOT ONE PUFF EVER

Angel - XOXO

Lauralives

Thanks for the ride Nancy!  Congrats to all.  Laura 84 DOF

Strudel

Thanks Nancy! Congrats to one and all today! 

elims-09-14-13

I'm still not hanging out here enough to figure out where my old stats are - but I found this

Years

Months

Days

Hours

Minutes

of Freedom!

Cigarettes avoided

vanlil

Hopping on the train - yeah  303 days of freedom today

Lillian

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.