Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Bonfire Now Beginning!!! 7/2017

ShawnP
8 374 2,482

Welcome!!! 

I went back on previous bonfires. There have been 8 on site but this is our 7th consecutive Independence Day bonfire!!! When we first started, there was a goal set for 1 million unsmoked cigarettes. We have doubled that goal last few years. Let's try to make this goal again!! We are independent from nicotine. That is something to celebrate about!

The fuel for the fire is your number of days My Quit Smoking Plan | A Program To Help You Stop Smoking: BecomeAnEX  multiplied by how many cigarettes you USED to smoke a day. (if you need help, let me know)

Here are some quit meters for statistics if you are interested. WhyQuit's Links to Free Quit Smoking Meters and Counters  or  QuitometeR - Home | Facebook .

The bonfire will end on 4th of july night at midnight.

Also, if you don't want to keep getting notifications from this, click up above on actions and uncheck following, inbox.

Tags (1)
374 Comments
ShawnP

Ladybug--7-3-12‌ Happy 5th year Anniversary

Legend  have a goodnight and thanks for the music.

Mandolinrain

WOW, I made it...my first official bonfire on EX!!!! 

This has been a hectic few days with the build and I just jumped online and saw ShawnPs invite!!!!

Anyway Love and hugs to ALL OF YOU!!!...OKAY...anyone got Smores?...AND I like my marshmallows on fire, teehee-hee....:0, Ill be stopping back in awhile:)

ShawnP

hahahah i can see this happening at my house.

ShawnP

mandarinalone‌ smores for you.

ShawnP

For the love of..............mandarinalone‌ i am trying to give you smores and 3 times i was moderated. grrrrr. 

Mandolinrain

HAHAHAHAHA., LOVE YA Shawn!

ShawnP

shashort

Hi everyone Here to throw my 25 yucky sticks in for today. Thanks Shawn for hosting awesome bonfire.

Image result for throw cigarettes in bonfire

YoungAtHeart

There were S'mores earlier ---- but can NEVER have too many!

Did anybody see the ad on TV where they were roasting marshmallows?  There were putting them in the FLAMES of the fire - not near the coals!  DOH!

I'm heading to sleep, too.

See you all in the AM!

Nanc

Pops

Well, hey girl, you know I got your back...just hit me up and I will do what I can to help you out....Just let me get some downtime in for a couple of weeks and I am all over getting you some contact info....meanwhile....be good...xoxoxo Pops

johio

Brenda_M

I think we have each other's from Virginia Beach. I've got one with the last two digits are 72. Is that right?

vanlil

Thanks for the beautiful B/day card. Lillian

vanlil

Thanks Jennifer for the beautiful B/day card. The cake is toooo pretty to eat. But I just changed my mind. Lillian

Mike.n.Atlanta

Attaboy Pops. Glad to see it.

All is well in the ATL.

KOKO,

M n @

ShawnP

johio‌ soooo good to see you! where have u been? missed ya

ShawnP

Brenda, yes that is right on 72

ShawnP

Our total so far is.....

Ladybug--7-3-12

Thanks Brenda (my "monthly number" friend lol)!  Two months & counting down for you!  Patty

KMC56

Tossing in 8739 -  what a way to celebrate my independence!!

Pops

I know,we sure love celebrating it with you! Thx 4 coming

Xoxoxo

Pops

WLFSRFAMILY

Throwing my 17,680 in     Happy 4th everyone

Daniela2016

Wow, congratulations Ladybug--7-3-12‌, awesome anniversary!

gardenancy8

I have now stopped smoking for 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes, 58 seconds. That translates into 1,159 cigarettes ( 10 a day) NOT smoked, for a savings of $347.92! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 4 days, 38 minutes, 40 seconds.   Here are mine to toss in! Thanks for the invite to the bonfire.    So glad to no longer be a smoker!  My first 4th of July ever as a non smoker. I was born in Canada and came to the States as a smoker. c737b514f12a141561b036843f616580--quotes-inspirational-motivational-messages.jpg

Posamari

Here's 8,683 more pieces of kindling to keep that fire roaring!  Flames never looked so beautiful! 

Posamari

My girl , Tina, is going to help keep things hot, the party going,  and the flames a-burning!  

Disco Inferno - Tina Turner - YouTube 

John10forteen

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! Thanks for the invite Shawn. What a great party to come to, even if I am MIA most of the year. A lot of inspiring and fun blogs to read. Congratulations, Party down and eat up all the goodies

ME: 992 x 50 = 49600 sticks/20=2480 packs for the bonfire @ a cost savings of (2480 packs) x $7.50 = $18,600

WIFE: 987 x 35 34545 sticks/20=1727 packs for the bonfire @ a cost savings of (1727 packs) x $7.50 = $12,954 

992 / 30 = ~33 months, Almost 3 years. WOW!

987 / 30 = ~33 months, Almost 3 years. WOW!

P.S. No amount of rain could dampen this BONFIRE! Keep the fuel coming.

John

c2q

Wow, beautiful quit gardenancy8‌. Congratulations on your first nicotine-free 4th of July - that's a biggie!

I very much like the the mooji quote, too. Thanks.

ShawnP

Good morning!!! Happy Independence day to each and every one of you!!! What are your plans for the day? I am going to a cookout at moms. Tonight, i am not sure. It might be here.

Breakfast is on.

and so is the coffee, yahoooo

Diannnnn

Good morning! I am adding another 20 to this awesome fire. Breakfast looks good! I am hanging out with family again today, going to see some of my Dad's friends and getting my butt to the beach! I suspect there will be eating and fireworks involved as well, but no smokes for Dian!

Have a great 4th everyone!

Jenny78

My quit counter reads 33,646 which I am adding to the bonfire!! Going to have a great smoke free day today at my daughters with good food and good company.  

ShawnP

Diannnnn‌ and Jenny78‌, its always good to spend with family and friends. We will have a big gang at moms. There was a local community that had fireworks last night that i saw from my backyard. Not real good cause of trees but i didnt miss it. I got home from work early but not enough time to get into the park. We used to take picnics and be there hours prior. Enjoy your day!!!

crazymama_Lori

Well, good morning everyone, happy 4th.  I'll toss in another 40 cigarettes that I would have smoked today.  And if anyone was wondering where the name came from, this tells the story......... J.J. Cale - Crazy Mama (Studio) - YouTube 

c2q

thanks for breakfast ShawnP‌. It looks scrumptious. I'll join you in a cup of j there.

In real life, breakfast looked kinda like this

The afternoon will look like this, on a bright sunny day after weeks of rain.

Fireworks and dancing tonight. Don't forget the bug spray!

Diannnnn

Ooo, good time! Went with my coffee perfectly.

ShawnP

It's patriotic songs today. Feel free to post your favorites.

ShawnP

Jennifer-Quit

Here is little something to snack on! 

Happy 4th Everyone! 

Have a great day!

SkyGirl

Brenda, I am SO glad to see you here!  I haven't called because I've been home in Oregon for a while.  But as soon as I get back to DC, we'll set up a date for dinner (including fried appetizers, which are a requirement for our dinners, right?)

Love you!  Sky

SkyGirl

That's okay, Marilyn!  I think a LOT of us females developed shaking typing fingers when we saw the firemen photos!!!  LOL.

c2q

What a great idea Shawn. How about these

YoungAtHeart

YoungAtHeart

YoungAtHeart

This party needs some CHOCOLATE!

ShawnP

Taco dip is done. Anybody want some?

20170704_100122.jpg

Diannnnn

Every party needs Chocolate! And it tastes sooo much better when ya don't smoke!

SkyGirl

Shawn, I do, I do!!!  Pass the tortilla chips, please.  It looks SO delicious!

KMC56

Oh my stars...that's what our grill looked like yesterday....amazing!

ShawnP

Here are some warm, delicious chips!

SkyGirl

I brought sparklers for tonight!  Everyone grab a boxful!  However, I'm wondering how we will light them, since none of us carry lighters or matches anymore!!  Maybe we can sidle up to the bonfire and carefully light them with the flames?

By the way, Shawn, here's another 30 cigarettes for the ones I didn't smoke yesterday!  

image.jpegimage.jpeg

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later