cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Bonfire Final Count

ShawnP
19 27 988

I would like to thank everyone who attended the bonfire and also to those that helped out as well. There was a total of 43 of us. Our final count was 2,594,896 unsmoked cigarettes!!! That is 129,744 total packs of cigarettes that we didn't buy and $799,223.04 (national avg $6.16 pk) that tobacco companies didn't profit from us!!!! WOOO HOOOO!

Tags (1)
27 Comments
SuzyQ411

wow free domain image.jpg (a public domain image)...,,   I can't even imagine how much time you've had to invest in these weekend bonfire activities and really appreciate all that you did!!

elvan

EXCELLENT! Thanks for everything, Shawn!

BobKatt22

Very Kool!! Thank you Shawn!!

Giulia

Beautiful job, lady!

RachelMB

Thank you Shawn!

Rachel

Barbscloud

Thanks Shawn.

Barb

Cousin-Itt

Thank you Shawn for the bonfire is was great!

Carl

MarilynH

Woweeeeee.......YAY thanks Shawn and everyone! Isn't LIFE Grand without a Cigarette in Hand.......

YoungAtHeart

Thank you for your hard work!  You are definitely the "Hostess with the Mostess!"

sweetplt

Shawn ShawnP Thank you so much for being the “Master of Ceremonies”...it was a super bonfire...wow...that incredible numbers...Have a beautiful week...Colleen 581 DOF

Jennifer-Quit

Nice turnout!  Thanks Shawn!

Daniela2016

Thank you Shawn, it was a beautiful event, and the numbers are fabulous!!!

THE MOST FABULOUS GOAT - YouTube

AnnetteMM

That's amazing! Thank you for all you did to make it a huge success!!

pexels-photo-949592.jpeg

Sootie

Thanks for all your hard work Shawn...............

indingrl

PTL

SimplySheri

You are still moving mountains, Shawn!!  You made it happen, you made it fun, and you brought people together for an important, positive goal   

Strudel

Thanks Shawn! 

Mandolinrain

Thanks Shawn for all you do  

vanlil

Shawn thank you so much for taking on this chore again. I really appreciate the Bonfires.

And I really appreciate YOU

Lillian

PrimeNumberJD

Next time I'll have to get in, so busy over the weekend I missed it! Busy not smoking, busy earning my freedom! Busy diverting my dollars away from an evil corporation! 

CrazyQuitter

We should do this again sometime!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuzyQ411

I'm looking to see how a nightly bonfire might be possible when we move to a new community platform by the end of the year.

SuzyQ411‌ wrote: Independence Day Bonfire is Here | SuzyQ411 Comment 

To be honest, I have missed the nightly bonfires we used to have on "the Q" site. So it has been great to participate in the 4th of July weekend bonfire activities here at the EX, Giulia                                   bonfire fun.jpg

SuzyQ411

WOWZER, Mark!! I personally would love that option 

Thank you for considering it!!

ash106844010

That’s great 

SuzyQ411

Would maybe even a monthly bonfire event be a possibility Todd @CommunityAdmin ??

(Sorry I keep knocking at your door for help!)

LET 'EM IN -- WINGS 

😄

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SuzyQ411 that's what I'm here for. 😁

Yes, let's talk about this! Reviving the bonfires has been something that I'd love to see, but managing the logistics of it is a burden I'd like to figure out how to ease. I'll talk it over with the admin team but if you or others have ideas, post'em up here?

Todd

SuzyQ411

Todd @CommunityAdmin  YES.. a great burden I am sure!! I know at the "old Q site" members were on a rotating schedule of sorts to post it. I was not involved with the logistics of it but it was sort of a round robin deal. Not sure who oversaw it all. Maybe the EX might start out just doing one on a given holiday and see where it might -- or might not-- go from there? Just a thought. The "popping up" from nowhere of this old post just got my brain to thinkin'... (have got to stop doing that, lol) 🤗

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later