Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

All Aboard !! Freedom Train - 03/03/2018 - 03/04/2018

crazymama_Lori
7 49 545

This weekend we celebrate these great quitters:

gregp136 has 50 days !!!

wlh has 1 year !!!

RachelMB has 500 days !!!

Hop on the Freedom Train and join this run for freedom! 
Cheer on your friends, shout out your own milestones … IT'S a PARTY!

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

090621-F-0000P-001.JPG

Learn more about the Freedom train and its conductors.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) or ShawnP at any time.

Tags (1)
49 Comments
crazymama_Lori

Well, good morning, everyone.  Welcome to the weekend version of The Freedom Train and the first weekend in March.  It's packed full of goodies for the month.  We have Daylight Savings Time where we finally get more light to the day.  We have St. Patty's Day.  We have First Day of Spring.  I'm likin' that thought.  Palm Sunday and Good Friday. Busy, busy month.  But today, Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 is National Anthem Day.........

national anthem day 3-3.jpg

crazymama_Lori

Also sharing in this observance is RachelMB‌ who is celebrating ..........

15624841_1628191807484136_2038909632126124032_n.jpg

Congrats, Ms. Rachel, to those hard earned 500 days !!!

crazymama_Lori

Next up is wlh‌ who is reaching a momentous milestone of ..........

1.jpg

Welcome to the Elder status.  We've been waiting for you to arrive.  Feels pretty darn good, doesn't it?  A huge congrats!!!

crazymama_Lori

Sunday, March 4, 2018, is National Marching Music Day.  One of my favorite days as I love watching marching bands perform.

US_Navy_080821-M-3261D-002_A_drum_major_in.jpg

The choreography and the amazing timing and skills these people have simply astound me. 

crazymama_Lori

Want to give a huge shout out to our very own gregp136‌ for reaching his 50 days !!!

50-days.jpg

We miss your little playground analogies.  Hope to see more of those soon !!!

crazymama_Lori

This is one of my favorite drumline videos that I saw a few years back on Facebook.  These guys are amazing !!!!

crazymama_Lori

We also have an unusual marching band in town here that play every year on the fourth of July and also at our yearly festival.  They are just loads of fun to watch.  The video is homemade, but such a treat to watch

crazymama_Lori

Now, let's get the coffee going and get this train started

images.jpg

crazymama_Lori

Image result for assorted bagels

Nothing says breakfast like bagels and cream cheese

crazymama_Lori

I'm Lori, your conductress, starting up this train and hosting all weekend long riding with 768 days of freedom.

Be sure to stop by again and shout out yet another day won and celebrate.  Post some pictures of your favorite teams or marching bands or your favorite beverages or food you enjoy.  We love it when people share a little about themselves.  That's what community is all about !!! 

crazymama_Lori

oh, and a little ditty in honor of my train picture..........

elvan

Thanks for picking me up this morning crazymama_Lori‌, I need you to drop me off at work...woo hoo!  HUGE congratulations to our fellow travelers who are celebrating such impressive anniversaries!

CONGRATULATIONS:

RachelMB‌ on 500 beautiful days of freedom!

gregp136‌ on 50 days of freedom...hope to see you on the playground!

wlh‌ on your FIRST year of many more to come...welcome to the 6% Club and may I have the honor of presenting you with your golden key:

golden key.jpeg

I hope everyone has a beautiful and safe Saturday.

I am boarding the train today with 1504 DOF,

Ellen

Mandolinrain

Thanks for picking me up this morning Lori, great train ride you have going!

My congrats to the celebrants :

RachelMB‌ AND A WOOPING 500 DAYS!

gregp136‌  50 Days,..... You are very missed, I hope we see you one day while on the playground!

wlh‌  OH MY GOODNESS! Welcome to the 6% Club, yay you!!!

I have 1277 days today I think, lol

Have a great SATURDAY everyone!

LOVE the Up the Cripple Creek! The Band! Made my Morning!!!

Missy

Mandolinrain

This is a really fun locomotion today!!! Good Job Lori!

RachelMB

Thanks Lori for conducting such a wonderful train!  Congrats to gregp136‌ and wlh‌ on your amazing milestones!  Have a great day everyone!

Rachel

Bree19

Hi Lori.  Thanks for looking after the weekend train trip for us all.

CONGRATULATIONS:

Rachel congratulations keeping your quit safe for 500 days!  RachelMB 

Greg where are you.  50 Days are grand.  We miss you!gregp136 

Hi Lynne.  Well done and congratulations on reaching the magic 6% my friend!  wlh

I'm riding with 369 Days of Freedom!!

Bree19

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations quitters!  Thanks for the ride Lori!

bonniebee

Hi Lori ! Thanks for the ride and I am so glad to be on this train of freedom !

To all the milestoners.............

congratulations-balloons-Image.jpg

Very Proud of You  All !!!

Giulia

Way to go Lynne (wlh‌)!  Welcome to the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 !!!   Hope you're doing something special!

Rachel - lovely, lovely 500 you've got there.  You are definitely an Indie!

Greg swing happy with those 50.  

Tooooot Tooooot Riders!  

(enjoyed the bands, Lori!)

c2q

Congratulations on 50 days @gregp136! Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Congratulations beautiful Ms. Rachel RachelMB‌ - fantanstic 500 for your!

and wlh‌ - very proud to welcome you to the 6% Club! 

OldBones-Larry

Sending HUGE congratulations to every milestone being celebrated today!! Way to go!!

Welcome to the newest member of the 6% club, wlh‌!!!!

gregp136‌, those 50 days look great on you!!!!

RachelMB‌, 500 is your lucky number today!!!!

Sending good thoughts from deep in the desert of NML with 1593 DOF....

Larry the Caravan Master

MarilynH

Thank you for picking me up this afternoon Lori congratulations to you and everyone on board especially our awesome milestones being celebrated today hip hip hooray to each of you on your splendiferous quits ,congratulations wlh on entering the awesome 6 % Club, yay for 1 precious Smokefree Year and counting and I miss you gregp136 I hope you're well and are celebrating 50 precious DOF and a super duper Congratulations to you RachelMB on 500 spectacular Smokefree DOF and halfway to the stupendous Quad Squad, I'm here with 1328 days and smiling, yay and yay again for Smokefree living.

JACKIE1-25-15

Awesome quitters

gregp136 has 50 days !!! is wonderful

wlh has 1 year !!! Congratulations on your success in joining the 6 % club

RachelMB has Big 500 days !!! Whoo Hoo  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! 

wlh

Thanks you very much!!  I appreciate it!!

wlh

Thanks so much!  Very much appreciated!!

wlh

Thanks so much!

I appreciate it!

wlh

Thank you, I appreciate it!!

wlh

Thank you, I appreciate it!!

wlh

Thanks!  I appreciate it!!

wlh

Thank you!  I appreciate it very much!

wlh

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

MichelleDiane

Hey thanks for picking me up.  So happy to congratulate the celebrants.  Way to go!

gregp136 has 50 days !!!

wlh has 1 year !!!

RachelMB has 500 days !!!

crazymama_Lori

Another fine morning on The Weekender.  We'll be making quite a few stops as we round the bend to come back to the station to admire some 3D chalk art.  These are just some of my favorites that I've found while searching the internet and other sites to show you the talent that these people have......  so let's enjoy

563301_427174494032855_67738989_n.jpg

Believe it or not this is a painting done on the street

crazymama_Lori

968171_4787926305759_1191905139_o.jpg

crazymama_Lori

14192073_1120603331330372_7073295127939995437_n.jpg

crazymama_Lori

14359182_1127542323969806_6900972913858502309_n.jpg

And to think this is all done by chalk on a flat surface

crazymama_Lori

14611021_597860397068721_6740976254793343030_n.jpg

These are a compilation of some of my favorites just to show the talent and what you can trick your mind to perceive what's really not there.  The mind is a powerful tool in your quit.  Use it to your advantage.

I'm Lori, your conductress, with 769 DOF

bonniebee

Hey Lori thanks for all you do here on Ex !!! you are much appreciated ! congratulations to all the milestoners and for all of us Ex-Smokers and especially all riding the freedom train today !

I brought a little morning treat today to go with our coffee and tea ............................

cake coffee.jpg

yay__kermit_by_akifumio.jpg

For us All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elvan

Thanks for picking me up this morning crazymama_Lori‌ and thanks for sharing those amazing chalk art creations...I love the analogy between the way they fool the eye and the way we ALLOW addiction to fool us...some of us for years and years and years.  Happy Sunday...it is a beautiful sunny day here in my part of Virginia.

I am boarding the train with 1505 DOF,

Ellen

JulieSw

Coming on board with 4 years today, March 4  

crazymama_Lori

Welcome, Ms. JulieSw‌.  Glad to have you aboard

wlh

Thanks so much!!  Really do appreciate it!

Lynne

anaussiemom

train-line-1.png

Is there something I'm suppose to join?   Don't really get it??  Anyway  day 4.  Please,  anyone who knows how to correct my comment feel free.  Is this for longer quits?

Mandolinrain

an register for the Freedom Train.

The train runs to celebrate all of our quits...daily and on special milestones.

hope to see you aboard more often , ALL and encouraged and wanted on these trains.

crazymama_Lori

this basically runs kind of like the daily pledge but here you celebrate your days won free from smoking and celebrate with others that have anniversaries.  To register is simply to get you on the spreadsheet so that we know when you put your name at the top of the list or one of our highlighted quitters

minihorses

Thanks for the ride today Lori!  Train looks like fun today.  

Congratulations to all our celebrants today!  May your journey continue to smooth out and be joyful!

gregp136has 50 days down and halfway to Triple Digit Club

wlh‌ congratulations on 1 year and the 6% club

RachelMB‌ Great job on 500 days!

well done.jpg

Julie

126 Days Free

crazymama_Lori

I'd like to thank everyone for riding the train with me this weekend.  We've had a great time.  Hope to see you all next weekend.......... Until then, please watch your step on the way down. 

steps.jpg

1993023-Dale-Evans-Quote-Happy-trails-to-you-until-we-meet-again.jpg

shashort

Hi everyone and thank you crazymama_Lori  for picking me up today. Missed yesterday but glad I was able to catch the train today. There are some great quitters in here this weekend. Congratulations gregp136  on 50 beautiful days, Congratulations wlh  on 1 magnificient year and woohoo you made it to the 6% club Hurray and  wow RachelMB  already 500 days in how awesome is that. Hurray to all riders!! I am aboard with 660 days.

wlh

Thank you!!  I really appreciate it!!

About the Author
Never be afraid or embarrassed about your "smoking thoughts" while quitting, they're there to remind us how strong we truly can be. Always remember, you will always WANT to smoke, but you have to CHOOSE not to. We can't break the ties that bind us without first changing the cycle that created it.