Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

All Aboard!! Freedom Train - 02/17/2018 - 02/18/2018

crazymama_Lori
0 26 316

This weekend we celebrate these great quitters:

stefanotata1994 has 300 days !!!!

Florflor has 4 years !!!

karen-lane has 2,000 days !!! 

Hop on the Freedom Train and join this run for freedom! 
Cheer on your friends, shout out your own milestones … IT'S a PARTY!

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

090621-F-0000P-001.JPG

Learn more about the Freedom train and its conductors.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) or ShawnP at any time.

Tags (1)
26 Comments
crazymama_Lori

Welcome to the weekend version of the Freedom Train.  We've got some pretty darn impressive numbers this weekend.  But before we get to that, I'd like to share some of my silly knowledge with you as I do every weekend.

crazymama_Lori

First off, today, Saturday, February 17, 2017 is National Cabbage Day.  

There's cabbage soup, cabbage rolls, cabbage stew, coleslaw, green cabbage, red cabbage. They can be pickled, fermented for dishes such as sauerkraut, steamed, stewed, sautéed, braised, or eaten raw. Cabbage is a good source of vitamin K, vitamin C and dietary fiber. Hale to the cabbage !!!

cabbage 2-17.jpg

Believe it or not, there's even sculptures made of the almighty cabbage.  Who knew????

the jadeite cabbage.jpg

crazymama_Lori

Also sharing this day is stefanotata1994 with 300 days!!!  

300.png

crazymama_Lori

Sunday, February 18, 2018, is National Stuffed Flounder Day !!!

crab stuffed flouder.png

Personally I've never been fond of crab or fish, but hey I'll celebrate its special day !!!!

crab stuffed flouder.jpg

crazymama_Lori

Also celebrating on this day is Florflor-Quit-02-18-14 who has 4 years !!!

employee_anniversary_4_years_fun_congratulations_greeting_card-rf545110ea87647a1b78815c93e0f7fe0_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

crazymama_Lori

karen-lane who is celebrating 2,000 days !!!

2,000 days.jpg 

crazymama_Lori

I'd like to thank you in advance for riding the train with me this weekend.  Please feel free to stop by again tomorrow to shout out your days of freedom. As the saying goes: HAVE ANOTHER DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE.

I'm Lori, your conductress, hosting this train with 754 days of freedom.  Now, let's get this party started!!!!

stefanotata1994

Thank you for mentioning and celebrating us, I’m very happy to be aboard.  

Life is wonderful without cigarettes!

KMC56

I'm on board, Love Seafood.  Going to enjoy my 665 DOF, and Party On!

~Kathy

elvan

Thanks for picking me up this morning for the special edition of the Freedom Train crazymama_Lori‌, I am getting ready for work, trying to scrape myself together into some sort of presentable way.  Oh I LOVE sauerkraut, love slaw, love cabbage...I grew up in Phelps, NY which was, at that time, the home of Silver Floss Sauerkraut and considered the "Sauerkraut Capital of the World."  I was encouraged to run for Sauerkraut Queen my senior year in high school...I politely declined.  

We sure do have some impressive milestones to celebrate today....

karen-lane‌ with 2,000 days, CONGRATULATIONS!

Florflor‌ with FOUR YEARS, I am so happy for you!

stefanotata1994‌ with 300 days...next big celebration will be the first year of freedom.

HUGE congratulations to all of you celebrating milestones, no matter how big or how small...every milestone deserves to be celebrated.

I am boarding the train with 1490 DOF.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations everyone and thanks for the ride Lori!  

Here is a cabbage dish that I will share!

minihorses

Hello Lori and fellow train riders!  I've got to skip the seafood but I'm down for the cabbage soup, slaw, galumpkis (cabbage rolls), and cabbage salad.  I see we have some great people with impressive milestones to:

A big round of applause for stefanotata1994 with 300 days of no smoking!!

300 days.jpgclapping.gif

Happy 4 years free Florflor-Quit-02-18-14!  Way to go!

4 yrs smoke free.jpg

4 balloons.jpg

Excellent Job karen-lane for 2000 days smober!  So close to 5 years now.  Amazing1

2000 days.jpg

congrats teddy bear.jpg

It's time to join the party.  I'm riding today with 111 days free. 

Julie

JACKIE1-25-15

Wow  Time Flies when you are having fun.  Look at those numbers.  I like the train.  Choo Choo!!!!

I love all seafood.  You know the joke...See Food and eat it. Thanks for picking me up. 

stefanotata1994 has 300 days !!!! Congratulations

Florflor-Quit-02-18-14 has 4 years !!! is wonderful

karen-lane has 2,000 days !!!  Amazing

I am on with 1119  Toot Toot

crazymama_Lori

unstuffed cabbage roll soup, love it !!!

Jennifer-Quit

I think this is on the menu for Sunday dinner - and maybe some cornbread!

crazymama_Lori

I have a real good cheddar cheese bread that I make in the breadmaker whenever I make that.  I love cabbage

shashort

Wow Lori look at all these winners today and look at those impressive numbers. Congratulations to stefanotata1994  on 300 precious days, Florflor  on 4 beautiful years and to karen-lane on 2000 precioud days. Woohoo it's a [arty in here. Thanks for picking me up Lori on 646 days of freedom Ye-haw Toot! Toot!

Florflor

Than you, Lori!

Florflor

Thanks a lot Elvan for your grate support

Florflor

Thanks Jackie and lets keep it!!!

Florflor

thanks shashort !!! You made possible this triumph!!

minihorses

Thanks for stopping at my station today Lori.  I'm happy you picked me up early this morning!  So where are we headed to today?  As long as there's riders and coffee I don't care where we go. Off to the next station! I'm riding today with 112 days being an Ex!

Julie

crazymama_Lori

Today is National Cow Milked While Flying Day.  We now travel over to St. Louis, Missouri.....

cow ripleys.jpg

This was probably one of my favorite shows on when I was younger.  This cow was flown over as part of a two-fold purpose.  One for scientists to observe animal behavior while in flight and as a publicity stunt for the International Air Exposition.  After the flight, the cow was renamed as Sky Queen.  It's also National Drink Wine day.  So here's to you, Sky Queen, for making your mark on history !!!

92783024_a7ec643277_z.jpg

crazymama_Lori

Once again, thanks for joining in with me on The Weekender.  It's been a fun ride and we'll see you next weekend.  Watch your step, it can be a doozy

erin-michelson-on-trans-siberian-train1.jpg

elvan

Thanks for picking me up this afternoon crazymama_Lori‌, I am late boarding, I am late doing everything today.  I think I MISSED that doozy of a step, sort of feel like the train rolled over me.  

I am boarding today with 1491 DOF,

Ellen

karen-lane

Congratulations and thanks everyone.

Karen Lane

About the Author
Never be afraid or embarrassed about your "smoking thoughts" while quitting, they're there to remind us how strong we truly can be. Always remember, you will always WANT to smoke, but you have to CHOOSE not to. We can't break the ties that bind us without first changing the cycle that created it.