cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

pir8fan

Lifelines! The Keys to a Successful Quit!!

There are a lot of new people here, and this is also a reminder for those who may have forgotten! Always remember your lifelines!

If you should have a serious craving use all of your lifelines before you smoke!

#1. Ask The Audience! Come here and tell us that you are in danger, and why! Wait 15 minutes for us to respond! Give us that opportunity to help you! That is why we are here!

#2. Phone A Friend! Befriend someone here that you feel you can trust! EXchange phone numbers with that person! If you are in a situation that you can not handle on your own, call or tEXt that person!

#3. 50/50! Make two list! The first list should be all the reasons you should not smoke! The second list should be all the reasons you should smoke! Now take the second list and mark out all of the "EXcuses" to smoke! EXcuses and reasons are two very different things! If there is anything left on the second list let me know!Keep your first list handy. Read it, if any of the "EXcuses" try to steal your quit!

This message was brought to by: The Freedom Train! "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"                  Tommy

Tags (1)
121 Replies
pir8fan

You can do this! We will help!!

0 Kudos
issoba8

I don’t want to miss the train. I made a list of why I should smoke. The list is blank. Wow that is amazing. Never thought of it like that. I made a list of why I shouldn’t smoke…let’s just say it was an awakening. I want whoever is on this site responding is being very helpful. I just had lunch,wanted a cigarette…did breathing exercises,walked around my property. 
CRAVING GONE! I did it. One step at a time literally. Thanks everyone 

Rallyqueen917

Way to go isso..one less smoke..one more day.  It gets so much easier.  As many times as I tried to quit I regret not sticking with it.  I never realized that it was just a matter of staying the course.  Cravings come and go just as quickly.  Before long you won’t even think about it all.  Treat yourself to something. Add up the money your have saved already. You will be amazed.  I started getting a monthly massage. Helped with stress and cheaper than the cost of smoking each month. I believe you got this 🤩

Barbscloud

@Rallyqueen917 Good to hear from you.  Congrats on 4 +  years.  We quit around the same time.  I'm around 4 years and  8 months.

Take care

Barb

0 Kudos
Rallyqueen917

Thanks Barbscloud. Good to hear from you and know that you are SSF.  This site and all of the support here is what finally pushed me over the fence.  I have told so many good friends about this site.  Two of my closest have quit.  It’s a journey but one worth taking.  

Giulia

There are many "awakenings" on this journey.  Glad you had one.  Those "bingo light bulb" moments are pretty cool.  My first one when when I realized this wasn't juts a "bad habit."  I always thought it was just that I wanted one when I wanted one.  But unlike ice cream or a hankering for some such other thing, I didn't go berserk where I had to run out and rush to the store to buy more in rain, wind hail or snow.  Keep discovering and keep up the good work!

pir8fan

• Good job! You can do this! We will help!!
0 Kudos
Prettypumpkin

Thanks, that's a good one! Will definitely do and keep this!

0 Kudos

Thanks 😊 

Cindy Smith Hobbs
pir8fan

• You can do this! We will help!