cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickyroo24

Motivation?

Hello my name is Ricky. I live in Burlington nc and I have a pack of motivation. I use to live in my car for 4 years so that causes me to smoke due to stress. I'm also 4 years clean from shooting up meth. Smoking is now my cover up to stop me from drug cravings. But I'm ready to stop but I can't seem to figure it out. Please what should I do.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Barbscloud

@rickyroo24 Welcome to the Ex.  Ricky.  Glad you found us.  There are lots of things you can do to become an ex. Use this time leading up the the 14th to prepare for your quit.  This is journey, so approach your quit one day at a time.

No matter how you choose to quit, cold turkey or with aids, it's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan. Many have found success with knowledge and preparation. It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful. In addition to some aids for my final quit, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit. For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.
https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too. We're here to support you on your journey. So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Congrats on beating your addiction.  Sorry to hear about having to live in your car. That has to be awful.  

Barbscloud_0-1701525442396.png
Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Maki

You toss them away .Yes ,  everything . You come here and  learn from others who have quit who too were an addict addicted to a drug or alcohol or several addictions and you come here for support from others who are new to the journey and older in their journey and for further education on addiction from professional posts by the Mayo clinic and others and you give back support to others as well . You start by believing in yourself . It sounds like you have your why to quit , now you need tools to help you which you can learn here . Give it a go . If you need more than online support you reach out in your area , for extra counselling or whatever too , because people want to help . 
I’m so glad you are not shooting up meth anymore , congratulations on that and proud of you for wanting to quit smoking . You say it’s a pack of motivation but in reality it’s been a pack of lies telling you things that are just a pack of lies and led you and your health further down a path of self destruction  . Time to learn the truth now . You are worth it , you are worthy , you are an amazing person and deserve to be free and unshackled of all addiction . 

biscuit9

Junkie thinking is what keeps you smoking.  just like when you quit other addictions, you replaced it with nicotine.  What will you use to replace nicotine with?  Just like when you got off drugs, you had to be proactive.  You will have to be proactive to give up the nicotine.  Unfortunately, addiction doesn't listen to common sense.  We choose smoking over our health and well being and we choose to smoke when we could use that $$$ to improve our life.  Since I did not have the desire to quit smoking, I had to ask God for help.  That is when I began to learn and study about nicotine addiction and how it addicts us.  I watched video after video on whyquit.com, that made me realize how harmful smoking is.  

rickyroo24

I believe I now understand 

jmom09

I don't know if this will help, but here's how I'm thinking of it.  Drugs have done a lot of damage in my life ( I am an addict and alcoholic)I didn't notice all the damage right away either, but I started noticing before I quit. I'm looking at nicotine the same way it's a drug. It's doing damage.  If I continue to just keep replacing one drug with another I continue the cycle of poor decisions never truly being free

Indigo7358

I'm not an expert and I've never been addicted to drugs, but have been around plenty of people who are, were, or weren't so lucky to have sought or found help. Overdosing is the result of ingesting/shooting a drug that alone, or in combination with another, is fatal to one's system. So what's so bad about smoking or vaping? You can't overdose, how bad can it be? Let's call it the silent killer. Cancers directly related to smoking: lung, prostate, bladder, throat or laryngeal, and I'm sure, others. So you won't overdose, but if you get one of these cancers, you may wish you had. Tough words, tough love. You took the first step by coming here, take your second step, then third, etc...