cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyReal

Keeping my hands and brain busy

I had started crocheting these squares before I quit smoking and had a few done.  Since quitting I've kept at it and doing this has helped me a lot--keeping my hands busy and having to count stitches keeps my mind off smoking.  I guess I will be making a blanket, which was not a specific plan, I was just messing around with a new pattern and thought I might make a granny square cardigan.  I am grateful to be able to do this.

20231024_095924.jpg

5 Replies
champsin97

It definetly helps to be doing something that requires you to use your motor skills and your brain.  Now you can be doing something productive instead of taking the time to smoke them NASTY cancer sticks.  

Oh and CONGRATS on day 14!  You ROCK!

ReallyReal

Thank you @champsin97 .  You rock!!!

biscuit9

I like it, that is a pretty pattern.  Good for you for using your talents to get through this transition to your nonsmoking life.  Congratulations on quit day 14!!!!!!!!!!!  Way to go.  Continue being kind to yourself and celebrate each win.

(When I first quit, I had every intention of crocheting a "quit project".  I found out very quickly, I did not have the patience or capacity for a new pattern.  Instead, I crocheted an easy tablerunner pattern I had made before.  I still haven't finished it, but the whole point was to keep hands and mind busy. )

ReallyReal

Thank you @biscuit9 .  Appreciate you.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's so cool @ReallyReal! Wish I had that talent for crocheting and glad you're using that skill to your advantage! 

- Danielle, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos