cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyReal

Crochet Puppy Carrier

I finished this up yesterday.  One of the sisters at my church just got a lovely little rabbit dachsund and asked if I could make her something to carry her new baby.  My friend loves it so I am happy.

• 1000002150.jpg

9 Replies
Barbscloud

@ReallyReal That's really cute.

Barb

0 Kudos

Thank you, Barb.  Puppies grow so fast that she will need a bigger one soon!!  But it works for now.  Hope you have a good day @Barbscloud .

champsin97

That's genius.  A very marketable idea.  Just think about how many people carry around those little fru fru dogs.  With your talent you could personalize them also.  With me as your manager/marketing expert we could be rich within a year!  haha

@champsin97 lol--I like the way you think!!!  Once I finish another sweater for someone who ordered it custom, I am going to focus on making different tote bags/hand bags and try to sell them at this little country market nearby.  We shall see how it goes!  Cheers and happy 6 months to the three of us quit buddies!!

@ReallyReal If you can come up with something to help me move Charlie around right now, let me know (80 lbs.).  My back is killing me.   LOL.

Barb

0 Kudos

Oh my gosh @Barbscloud , I think an 80 pounder requires something with wheels!!  Will he get better?  Is this temporary?  That is a lot of weight to lift.  I have to lift my 80 pounder into the tub on bath day and that just about kills me.  I can't imagine doing it on a regular basis.  Wishing you well and hoping things improve.

0 Kudos

@ReallyReal I'm not actually doing a dead weight lift of 80 lbs..  I doubt that I could do that.  I have a sling to take some weight off his back leg.   Steps and getting in the car put a strain on my back, hips, etc.   We're still moving everyday,  so it's the frequency. We still go for an abbreviated walk every morning.  He walks around the house on his own  and even takes a run around the rooms.  

Another big dog with arthritis.  I wasn't going to get a big dog again for that very reason.  I asked them to X-ray everything.   While all this was going on, I started noticing his back leg seemed "off".  They X-rayed that hip again and the vet thought she felt something in his knee.  I have been stressed waiting for the ortho vet for weeks believing he was going to need knee surgery. I've done that once before and it's no fun.  She reviewed the x-rays and felt his leg and doesn't believer it's his leg at all.   She believes it's his L5 in his back.   He already goes for laser therapy for the arthritis.  She wants me to have his back lasered also twice a week for 3 weeks.  I'm hoping this works!

Oh wow.  That really sounds stressful.  I had forgotten that dogs too get arthritis, and arthritis is no joke.  I can only hope that the treatment proposed does help.  You are dedicated to Charlie in your loving care and I respect you for that.  Wishing you and Charlie well and hoping that there is improvement.

That sounds like a great idea.  The totes and bag s along with the dog carriers would do good.  It's a bonus to be able to make money on something you love to do.