cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Jump into June!

I am so sorry I am late for this very important June Pledge! There are a lot of reasons to come pledge this month. Renew your commitment not to smoke.There are a lot of things going on and old smoking memories may pop up. Remember the memories are just that, they are not cravings. Push the memories and craves aside and get busy! Plenty to do and plenty to celebrate!

June 14 is Flag Day

Flag Day

United States    

Flag Day     

In the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened on that day in 1777 by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date; Congress adopted "the American continental army" after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.    

June 19th is Father's Day

Father's Day

United States    

Father's Day     

Father's Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. The tradition was said to be started from a memorial service held for a large group of men who died in a mining accident in Monongah, West Virginia in 1907. It was first proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington in 1909. It is currently celebrated in the United States annually on the third Sunday in June.    

June 20 is the First Day of Summer.

Let's keep our commitment and our quit fresh. Come here and pledge. Keep your education about this nasty addiction going! And last but not least take it One Day at a Time! 

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Terrie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
242 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hello, everyone! and Happy June!

I pledge not to smoke and I reach out to the next in line to pledge!

Please take my hand.

I Won'tt Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Nice June Pledge!

I'll happily take your hand, Terrie, on this first day of June.  I promise not to smoke this day, nor this month.  I am over and done with it!

Here's my hand stretched out for the next Pledgling.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Is this the right place?

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Okay, Giulia I take your hand and pledge for the month of June not to smoke NOPE and I extend my hand to the next person to pledge. 

0 Kudos

Hee hee hee - this site is definitely being obstinate today. Terrie, thank you for your diligence in getting our new pledge thread going. Jackie, I absolutely MUST take your hand, as you worked so hard to take Giulia's.  Happy June, everyone! We'll see if or how many times this will post.

I pledge to not smoke today, No Matter What! I offer my free hand to the next who is able to find their way here today. I'm sure the difficulties are being looked into.

JOYce

0 Kudos

Joyce I gladly take your hand as I pledge to not smoke today and reach my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Maureen

Never give in, Never give up, Just say NO a day at a time

0 Kudos
elvan

Dotgirl,

I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and I reach my free hand out to the next in line.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I gladly take your hand Ellen and pledge not to smoke no matter what is happening in my life, I am extending my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 688 DOF ☆ 

0 Kudos
hunniebear03

I take your hand and pledge no to smoke today and help someone else!!

0 Kudos