cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank God for Lawsuits!

Breakinchains
0 3 13

Normally I'm the kind of person who doesn't care for lawsuits. Like the lady  who  got millions from McDonalds because she spilled hot  coffee in her lap? But in this case, I love the lawsuits  brought against big tobacco. Think about it. How much easier has it become to quit now, than it used to be? How many of you actually began to think about quitting when you read the surgeon  general's warning on the pack of smokes you bought. How many lives have been saved by the fact that big tobacco can't advertise? How many of us smoked because we wanted to be cool like the Marlboro man. I love the fact that at least in my state you cannot  smoke indoors, ANYWHERE, in any public place! At first, when all this was going on, and I was still smoking, I hated it. I hated the fact they were trying to control where  I could and could not smoke. But  later on down the road, now  after quitting I realize, THEY WERE TRYING TO SAVE MY LIFE, and that of others.  I feel really good that I can  go places now and not be temped to smoke because it is AGAINST THE LAW to light up. In this case, THANK GOD FOR LAWSUITS! : ) 

3 Comments
About the Author
I quit smoking on March 26th, 2009. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years. I quit because I began having health issues in my early 40's. I had a TIA and a stroke a few years ago. I work as a home delivery salesperson.