cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

This past week...

qsiesue
6 7 147

Has been a humdinger. I have had multiple medical things and some very traumatic moments that in the past would have resulted in me smoking. I would have run for my porch and my cigarettes and sat outside and cried and smoked until I had no more cigarettes and no more tears. It didnt happen this time. I did sit out on my porch and cry, but without cigarettes, and you know what, I didnt miss them, nor did I think about them. To me, thats absolute progress. I am so grateful to be where I am in my quit. 209 days in. I will stay diligent, but I think I have this thing beaten.

7 Comments
Barbscloud

@qsiesue Congrats on riding out your emotions and keeping your quit.   It takes commitment and can be difficult at times.   So proud of you.

Congrats on 209 days of success.

Always stay vigilant.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

WOW!  I am so proud of you!  Way to stay committed!  Congratulations on 209!

I hope the health news improves.  Sending a hug,

images (1).jpg

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like things have been tough lately, but I am happy that you was ale to stick with your quit when your emotions were running high. Congratulations on 209 days! Sending you continue positive thoughts your way.

Quiana, EX Team

maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing that your recovery continues no matter what. Life does give gut punches at times, but you are staying strong in your quit. Thanks for inspiring me.

biscuit9

Congratulations.  Glad you took the time to post and it sounds like this is a milestone in your quit journey.  Sounds like a pivotal moment, for you.  Big pat on the back!

McMoney

Good job, girl! You maintained control and kept your stability under duress.  Be proud of that. 

Congratulations on 209 days!   🖤

ReallyReal

@qsiesue so happy to hear how confident in your quit you are, even in the face of trauma and hardship.  Yes, vigilance is always required but you faced a very hard challenges and remained free--congratulations.  You have been on an amazing journey and done so well.