cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pavel4

tried everything

Hi, the very thought of not being able to have a cigarette makes me very depressed. It is an anti-depressant and a crutch in my case. I know in reality nicotine, like any drug, is a CNS depressant, but just anticipation and lighting up and taking first few puffs and experiencing the taste and smell and warmth of my favorite menthol brand - all that beat any quitting attempts EASIILY. Tried NRT, Zyban, Chantix, vaping (from ecigs to elaborate mods) - nothing. Please tell me what I am doing wrong, if anything. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Write a blog or no one will even know you are here.

Blue tab up above your picture.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

0 Kudos

Until you are willing to go through 2-3 weeks of discomfort, you will remain addicted to nicotine.

This is a process. You smoked a long time. At about 100 days after your last puff you will have days you don't even think of smoking. I know, jard to believe isn't it? but it's true.

Most people fail in months, 2, 3, and 4. It's because they think they should be "over it."

0 Kudos
godschild619

I too get very depressed when quitting, smoking made me feel better immediately. I just keep trying, I am on day 2 using the Nicorette gum right now. Don't give up, there has to come a time when you say no more! And find what will work for you, but you have to want it to work . Did you write down your reasons for quitting? It isn't easy at all, but we all are struggling and can help each other. It is not impossible, you can do it!!! Set your mind on being a non smoker , find ways to distract yourself  when you crave, drink lots of water, come here and post , take a walk, keep your hands busy.. I believe you can do it, believe that yourself !!! Keep trying

0 Kudos
stephanie123

I'm in the same boat as you are. I've tried several things. Surprisingly the best attempt was going cold turkey, but then got into a fight with family and started back up. Haven't given up hope though. I'm working on putting together another plan now. Unfortunately if you want to quit, you have to realize that you're going to be miserable for at least a few weeks. If you're serious tho you can do it

0 Kudos