cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

What's in your tool belt?

I am using NOPE NEF, committment, knowledge, determination, sacrifice, zeal, truth, hard work, confidence, water, gum and snacks.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

working

0 Kudos

My reasons for quitting taped around my house: family, health, God, expensive (in more ways than monetarily), and gross.

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hi! All!

Sugar-free gum, short straws (cig length), freezer pops, moving fromm seat to seat or outside!, sugar free jolly ranchers, Education, reading old blogs, group: Relapse Traps!, Dale's page, and quitely frankly whatever it takes to get thru!

Terrie  82  DOF

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Today has been a very long day.  I have to put rest in my tool belt along with water and know that SINAO and keep it moving.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Today I am not allowing stress to over take me,  It is easier when I am  in control of my thoughts, opinions and actions and not someone elses.  Sometimes we have to let others live for themselves.  I am telling this to myself also.

0 Kudos
AbasKid

My tool belt, huh? Never really thought of things in this light.

I suppose I have my own innate stubbornness--once I make my mind up, I tend to dig in my heels big time! Also, I have my commitment to myself to KEEP TOXINS OUT OF MY BODY!

Yeah, I am using the NRT of the lozenges. I'm using the 2 mg and only 2-3 a day max. I go for several hours without even realizing I've had no nicotine.

I realize that I don't REALLY want to smoke. This is huge for me! I've smoked for 58 years and love the damn things. I know categorically that I am an addict and any time I say "I want a cigarette" it is the addiction talking and not me personally. When I think I want a smoke, "no I don't" comes right out of my brain...

I'll have to think more on the subject because that is about all I can come up with.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Today I have to grab hold of all the patience that I can.  Dealing with elderly dad. Pray Patience Prepare

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Today I plan to take things a little slower and work on some of the small things that I have been putting off.  In doing so I already recognize that I have to protect my quit.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Today it is important to rest. Being tired can be a trigger. Remember HALT Hungry Angry Lonely Tire can be riggers and not able to recognized them because we have covered them up in smoke. 

0 Kudos