cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

AbasKid

SINAO

What am I going to do the next time I want to smoke? You want an honest answer here, I trust...

I'm going to piss, moan, bitch and complain and carry on with my day because that is just the way I cope with things.

I acknowledge all the negatives I am feeling, and, like the old song goes "pick, myself up, dust myself off and start all over again..."

I hate that song, but it has gotten me this far in life so apparently it works for me. At least (in case it sounds like it), I've not smoked.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
elvan

Seriously, I don't want to smoke any more, I am going to spend my day trying to get financing so my modular house can be delivered tomorrow and paid for.  Nothing is easy and smoking doesn't MAKE anything EASIER. 

TerrieQuit

Life does still happen ans it won't happen any better or any different with a cigarette in my hand/face. So each day i choose and go to my pledge group and pledge that for 24 hours I will not smoke! It works for me!

Terrie  79  DOF

jonilou

Life happens and keeps happening over and over and some of it is very hard. I didn't used to face the hard stuff. I stuffed the hard stuff and smoked away my cares. Or so I thought. At some point it was time to grow up. I had hated myself for enough years and the misuse of my body, which I thought was disgusting, began to seriously affect my health which HIT me where I live. 

I turned to God and the whole thing changed. Now, when it seems like the old junkie is peaking out in my head, I pray and ask God for strength. And I don't smoke. And I won't.

MarilynH

When I get a crazy thought that says wouldn't a cigarette be nice right now, just one would be ok!!!!  I give my head a shake and say that I don't smoke anymore and continue on with whatever I'm doing because we all know smoking kills and I want to be around a few more years, fairly healthy I hope so I can enjoy life without the crutch of smoking. 

Marilyn 

LesleyON

I find when I get the urge that is stronger than a fleeting moment, I use the nicotine gum.  Or a lozenge.  That gets me past it.  Its amazing how months and months after quitting you will still get those surprise urges.  I am helping a couple friends by encouraging and supporting their quit.  It helps me when I repeat to them "there is really nothing "good" you can say about smoking!  That gets me past the urge too! 

TerrieQuit

It's friday and alot of people lose their quits over the weekend, due to some drinking! If you are early in your quit- stay away from the alcohol. It clouds our judgement and makes us feel like one might be ok!

PROTECT YOUR QUIT!

Terrie  81  DOF

prjimm01

I feel so good now that I don't smoke that the thought of smoking is disgusting!  NOPE my friends, have a great, smoke free, weekend!

When you're on the path to recovery you have literally chosen a fork in the road!

Left behind is the path of the easy way out - escape into Addiction so I don't have to deal with Life on Life's terms!

Chosen is the path of Heathy Addiction FREE Living!

But while, not smoking is primary, it's the very small and large LIFE choices we make that make the path a sure, smooth path and not a rocky cliff!

I changed up the people I hung out with simply because we had Smoking in common!

I changed the places I spent time in when they were too connected in my brain with Smoking!

I changed the activities that I associated with Smoking!

People, places, and activities are triggers! And while it's true that the trigger is never responsible for being my trigger - I AM responsible for avoiding triggers and managing the ones I can't avoid!

A smart quitter changes their surroundings so they break their associations with smoking at the root!

deebs

Think of quitting this unhealthy habit for past one month. Still smokes 1-10 cigarettes a day...sometimes 2, sometimes 3 and sometimes the numbers go upto 10. Funny thing is I get angry at myself when I think about it while laying in bed 😄

Hope to really kick it this time 🙂