cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

Rain, rain go away

We have a blustery day here in eastern PA.  The sunrise was spectacular - the clouds looked like molten lava.  Alas, the lava cooled into a dense, leaden gray and has been spattering us with sharp rain.

These are the kinds of days I dreaded as a smoker.  How to find a comfortable spot, out of the wind, to have a smoke without freezing or getting drenched.  I hated smoking in the car because of the smell that penetrated clothes and my hair and followed me around; a noxious cloud.  

I try and take myself back there, to all the effort I put in to smoking and then hiding the fact I smoked.  I want to remember that shame and frustration.  I want to remember it to remind myself of why I am quitting.

Keep the Quit
PT
Labels (1)
6 Replies
S-Dragon333

You're quite the poet! Focusing your quit into word smithery is a good call. Keep up the quit!!!

0 Kudos
PastTense

"word smithery" ?  I love that!

I'm going to have some fun playing with that imagery for a while!

Good to see you hanging around here.

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbscloud

@PastTense  Enjoyed the prose.   I quit smoking in my car three cars ago so I was used to that.  I know no one agrees, but I really didn't care that I had to go outside to smoke in all the different weather.   It's just how you smoked  now. 😊  So that really wasn't a motivation for me to quit.  

Barb

PastTense

Isn't that interesting? For every quitter, there is a different reason to quit.

I didn't mind wind or cold, but I hate going out in damp weather.  Any kind of humidity  makes my hair go all fuzzy and I hate that more than just about anything!

Keep the Quit
PT
MarilynH

I quit mostly for health reasons finding out that I have copd was enough for me to wise up and quit smoking for good after at least a half dozen failed attempts at trying emphasis on trying otherwise one of those quits would have stuck 🤔 I think I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired! Thank you for for this great post @PastTense 

0 Kudos
indingrl

1618013884549672775410377717138.jpg

@PastTense  it is raining here in my area Illinois💖

0 Kudos