cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
kim-williams

I would think it is based on when you last had a cigarette. I have tried to quit before, slipped and had a few, and was told that I had to count those smokes! Which of course I didn't think was fair, but it's the challenge of being on the road to an ex-smoker!
0 Kudos
jessie-ll

Hello to all October quitters. My name is Jessie and I quit smoking on October 19th at 10:39pm and have not smoked now for almost 4 days. I have been smoking for 36 years and started when I was ten y.o. I quit just once in that time for about 7 months and since then I have been waiting for my time to quit and on Sunday October 19th was when God and I chose for me to stop smoking.
0 Kudos
d-jones

I can hardly handle the people at work since I have quite smoking Monday. Especially this one person who is also a hypo.
0 Kudos
d-jones

You do have to count the cigs that are here and there. I have heard that some people actually do better this way. But I think to stay cmopleted off will result in faster independence
0 Kudos
kim-williams

Congratulations on you 4 days smoke free! Hope your journey is of great achievement!
0 Kudos
kellie2

I quit smoking on 21 Oct 2008 at 11:30 am. so it has been 52.5 hours. Sometimes I think it is lame to count the hours, but it helps remind me I don't want to start at 0 again. Today I am actually doing very well. Yesterday was horrible since work is my biggest trigger, but I made it through without smoking and today was much easier. I know I have some seriously hard times ahead because for me historically it all falls apart between day 4 and 7. I get so angry and irritable I want to beat someone up. Maybe I should just sleep all weekend. I think with all the support from here and home and actually everyone at work, I will beat this thing this time. I really want to be an ex instead of a habitual quitter.
0 Kudos
kim-williams

With all of the support you mentioned you WILL make it through. You just have to say it, and throw doubt out of the window....
0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hi! I have been smoke-free since October 21. Just here to say hello and to let you guys know that I made it through a meeting where I was advocating for my son successfully. Have a family gathering tomorrow, so that will be some additional stress. I have had some craves, but have withstood them so far. If I can make it through tomorrow without smoking I may have an easier time the rest of this first week. But I'm doing it! Thanks to you all.
0 Kudos
lightdancer7

Is anyone here using a patch? I read somewhere that there is a site for free patches. Anyone know anything about that?
0 Kudos
kellie2

I have been an Ex Smoker for 4 days and 7 hours now. It seems like forever. I am certifiably crabby today. Little things seem to make me mad, but they are not throwing me in the rage that has come with previous quits. I guess that is a plus. I have occupied myself with cooking and eating today...I figured it is Saturday and who really cares.

103 hours DOWN, a lifetime to go!!! YEAH!! Finally in triple digits
0 Kudos