cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
vanlil

I am on day one............after 63 yrs. of smoking,

I might think of a cig bt I do NOT want to smoke.  Praying a lot.

My bottom for smoking was losing my voice..............It seems to be coming back.

God Willing.

LanaKay

How is everyone doing?  I am on day 25 and am doing ok. I'm not sleeping very well but I think this will pass. I am having a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings but that will pass too. I must say that once I get up and get going I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I don't feel stressed out all the time anymore. I think it is because I am doing things instead of sitting in the kitchen smoking. I like this and don't want to go back to the way I was. This feels good!

vanlil

2nd. morn without smoking. last night was tough.  made plans for the day today to get out of the house.

triciab5

This may seem strange I have not even stopped smoking yet but I set me quit date and have already been emotional and teary eyed has anyone else done this???

vanlil

Day 6 tomorrow.......feeling better and I look better too.  Read Allen Carr's book "Easy to Quit Smoking" got the free download for the computer.   I know reading this helped me today.

0 Kudos
vanlil

Wow The week is up tomorrow.......................Feeling good............cravings are not that bad anymore.  Sleeping like a rock and my tongue is not coated in the morning like it was   YUK

vanlil

Today is Dat 7.............feeling good sleeping well..............finally got my voice back. I was becoming a chain smoker and it actually paralyzed my vocal cords.  Tongue is not coated in the morning and I can say the vowels A E I O but U is still giving me problems.  But I can hum - I couldn't one week ago.

vanlil

Day 8

Little antsy now.............boredom setting in.  Will take out my sketch pad.

Appreciating getting my voice back .  I can even hum now too.

Those cig were robbing me so many ways.    Grateful for the Quit.........but not easy.

vanlil

Day 9

Enjoyed my coffee............Got my voice bac too.  WITH VOLUMN.  Thank God.

Sleeping excellent and not experiencing nightly leg cramps.  

Beginning to experience some FREEDOM.............

mistiperrine

Its been 36 hours without a cigarette. It hasn't been easy but I made it through today. I have sneezed a lot today and coughed more than usual but I suppose that is normal. Keep up the good work everyone