cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
tjames9008

I am on Zyban in the first week of it and it seems to be making me smoke more...except for today. Usually at work I am craving all the time but today I am not so far. I  brought in a bag of suckers to help me out just in case. I am determined to quit!

0 Kudos
LanaKay

Today is my 14th day as an ex. I must have really ready this time. I haven't had any major cravings and I am feeling pretty good about that. I think it was about 2009 that I quit for 400 and some days. I replaced smoking with eating and that is something I am not doing this time. After that long I started smoking again. Once I picked up that first cigarette it felt like I'd never quit at all. It didn't taste bad or make me dizzy or cause me to cough. Nothing like that. It felt like I was "home."  This time I don't want to go home. I want to stay a quitter!  I like myself better now without a cigarette in my hand and my house smells nice. I love it!

LanaKay

Today is my 14th day as an ex. I must have really ready this time. I haven't had any major cravings and I am feeling pretty good about that. I think it was about 2009 that I quit for 400 and some days. I replaced smoking with eating and that is something I am not doing this time. After that long I started smoking again. Once I picked up that first cigarette it felt like I'd never quit at all. It didn't taste bad or make me dizzy or cause me to cough. Nothing like that. It felt like I was "home."  This time I don't want to go home. I want to stay a quitter!  I like myself better now without a cigarette in my hand and my house smells nice. I love it!

want2change

Day 1 today using the patch. My plan today is to stay very busy. I'm off work and have a lot to do so that should help. I'm tired of being tired!

kinjal

I am a nicotine addict. 

0 Kudos
bannockdiva

Hello, my quit day is Tuesday June 14th. I've quit so many times this year that it drives my husband crazy. I've quit for 5 years once, but after my relapse  two years ago it seems impossible to get over that hump. I've tried patches, Nicolette's, hypnotist and acupuncture and still it hasn't helped my mental instant anguish. 

I need your quidance thank you! 

0 Kudos
bannockdiva

Being a non smoker first thing Tuesday June 14, when I wake up... Yeah help me... Dear lord, people, Mars, Venus and Mother Earth! 

0 Kudos
jmae0810

It is reassuring that there are people just like me who are trying to quit and who get what it is like I am addicted to smoking, it's a monkey on my back yet I know in my heart of hearts I can beat this I don't need a jokey monkey on my back! I haven't quit yet but am on my way I have a quit date and a plan and will start now implementing different ideas I like the idea of when you want to smoke just wait a few seconds break the cycle think about it then you can smoke I think the idea of actively thinking about it will change things up a bit. I'm gonna go buy some gum and use that at times instead of smoking what will it hurt to change it up a bit? Thank you for letting me join this group, there is strenght in numbers and I feel your pain we can do this!

jmae0810

I have a quit date on the horizon I understand being scared, I am too but we can do this thing! We can! I believe we need to stay busy need to bust the brain automatic hand to mouth I wrote on another group about chewing coffee stir straws chew toothbrush just wait one minute before lighting up I believe all this helps. I believe in taking some time before your quit date to just breath make a plan know that you are worth more than a smelly old smoke can offer you.....be here for the ones you love... we are super people with super objectives and we will win, in fact if you are here reading this you already have won! Now go out and conquer this day, every little step forward is a BIG sucess every breath you take every move you make is a win win win win I believe in each and everyone of us and all the small wins equal what ? A BIG WIN! So rock it and know you are someone special that doesn't need this moneky on your back! Sending love and hugs to all! xoj~

0 Kudos
jmae0810

Hello everyone, so I am less than two weeks out for quit day and I'm currently working on understanding and education, understanding why I smoke and educating myself on the tools I can use on d day.  Good news I'm keeping a smoking log and so far I smoke less than I thought I did....I guess I'm reaching for anything positve right now, best of luck to all!