cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smorgy8513

Love Yourself Chapter 2

This is our new spot as the other got way too long.   That is kind of a good thing though....people finding a spot to get the support they need and share with the rest of us how they are working on building that love.   

So, let's keep the ball rolling and join in this.

Love you.....Love myself!

Tags (1)
731 Replies
smorgy8513

Good morning to my lovable friends here at the EX!       

Why is it important to learn to love ourselves?

Let's talk about that, ok?

I think (for me) a big one is that if I don't love myself I won't believe that I deserve good stuff!     And being smoke free is REALLY good stuff.

I smoked for so many years and now have cancer to show for it.     But I am blessed in that they found the cancer because I had bronchitis....not because I was so far gone that I have symptoms of the lung cancer.

So.....back to my reason.....I  need to love myself so that I won't go back to smoking   (1302 DOF today!)

What is your reason to learn to love yourself?

Sharon

pastedImage_1.jpg

elvan

I need to love myself because I know that part of my physical pain is directly related to pushing, pushing, and more pushing.  I am a long ways from being a 30 year old but I try to work like one and then I PAY like an 85 year old.  Today, I am going to love myself and rest and just do whatever I want to do.

MarilynH

Good for you sweet Ellen, you most certainly deserve a ME DAY elvan ,enjoy it and hopefully you'll take a few more days every so often just for YOU!

Christine13

Wow, Ellen you push hard!  I'm glad you are taking a break today just to rest your body.  

For me, Loving Myself is God's Command! If God loves me so much that He gave His only begotten Son, who am I to say that I'm not lovable? There's something fundamentally wrong with that! I speak for myself! Growing up I thought I had to be perfect to be good enough to Love but that's so untrue! Love is unconditional! I have my Wife especially reminding me of that every Day!

Do we all know the song, Just as I am!

Just as I am - without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - though toss'd about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need, in Thee to find,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

Just as I am - of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
-O Lamb of God, I come!

elvan

Lovely reminder, Thomas.  You are loved here too and just one look at Miss Penny and you KNOW unconditional love in the best possible way.  

Wantingacig57

Hallelujah !!! All of The Glory to Almighty GOD, O Precious Jesus and Mighty Holy Spirit  To You I Belong, One Day to Return... Dust to Dust  Amen & Amen

TessaGrace

Never heard this song before, glad to read these words, thinking of keeping them! 

SuzyQ411

heart.pngThank you Thomas for reminding us of God's love, even when we are unloveable~

Christine13

Beautiful Thomas!

Today is a wonderful day here for me.  I am feeling good and worthy of the journey before me.  Yesterday I was pretty depressed but today brings me hope again. xo