cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

I'M HOME !!

Just a quick note before heading to bed. Wanted to let you know I have returned from Tennessee and am safely back in northern New York State.

The trip, however, was not as expected~ My sons got their heads together and decided they did not feel it was safe for me to fly back home with the increasing corona cases. So, Brian drove me from Tennessee and into Pennsylvania where we met Darren who drove me the rest of the way.

My oldest son Kevin who lives in a different part of NYS was relieved when I called him this morning to tell him of the change in plans.

I am loved. And am so thankful.

First thing in the morning I will drive a few blocks to the vets to pick up Flurry and bring him home...hooray!!

Good night all ~

28 Replies
SuzyQ411

Oh, I hear what you are saying, Nancy. Being loved by our children can surely feel like a double-edged sword at times.  I have three kids--all sons-- and they are all pushing for me to isolate at home for God knows how long?? My youngest lives near me and he wants to do all my shopping for me so I'm to make lists for him. I have said I will "behave" until the 14 day incubation period is up since I flew out to TN, and I will then decide what to do from there, depending on what's what at that point in time.

So, for older more vulnerable folks like you and me, I guess we should depend on "face time" through Facebook messenger (or something similar) to stay in touch with family and friends. It's surely not the same as having them with us, but it seems like a "social distancing" tool that would keep us from being totally shut off from those we love..

I've already informed my next-door neighbor of my plans to "self-distance" and she was offended and downplayed the severity of the current health crisis. In after-thought, though, I have concluded that I want to protect myself and others in any way I can from becoming infected. And that the time period of my distancing will depend on the status of this public catastrophe.

Carrying out this resolve will be a challenge, however ~           ` 

ElaineC

SuzyQ411 you are very wise and taking responsibility for yourself.  Good job and all without a cigarette! 

indingrl

SuzyQ411

there's no place like home.png Thanks indingrl

Giulia

You have wise, loving children.  Glad you're home safe!

SuzyQ411

thank you smiley.jpg I am truly blessed 🙂

0 Kudos
Swanbird

What wonderful sons you have!  Glad you are safe such scary times.

SuzyQ411

thank you script.jpg

maryfreecig

Welcome home. Yes you are loved--wonderful sons!!!

SuzyQ411

thank you ribbon.jpgThey are good kids 🙂

0 Kudos