cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammyx104

Don't Be Afraid to try Chantix!

I have been smoke free a week and that's the longest I've gone without a cigarette in 48 years!! Even when I attempted to quit 2 years ago, I never did make it past cutting down to one or two a day. I have not even had a puff of one in a week and I know it is all because of the medication Chantix. At first I was afraid to try it because people were saying it gives you really vivid dreams that can be scary at times. But with my COPD no dreams could be as scary as the reality of an early death if I didn't quit smoking, so I started it at the starting dose and by the time I had moved on to the regular dose which is two a day, I already cut back to half a cigarette a day. Within 30 days of starting Chantix I didn't even think about smoking unless I saw someone else doing it. It truly is a miracle helper drug and I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to quit smoking. I don't know the actual mechanism of how it works I just know it absolutely works. It makes you not even think about smoking and takes away every physical craving that you have. Everything else is just a habit and you can distract yourself doing something else. God bless and good luck to you all!! The grass really is greener on the non-smoking side! 🤣💖

Labels (1)
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations to YOU @Grammyx104! Woohoo!!👏

EX Community Admin Team
biscuit9

Congratulations on making it through hell week!   Keep going and adjusting to your smoke free life.  Celebrate these wins, also.

DougWillis

Congratulations!👏🏻👍🤜🏻

Douglas Willis
0 Kudos