cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donnamoryc

Hello

Hello, my name is Donna and I am new to this group but I had to join it when it said pets. I have two English springer spaniel who are my babies and my husband and my two babies are helping me through this quit. It’s been six days now.

8 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Donnamoryc congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY for 6 splendiferous smokefree days and counting YAY for each and every day WON! I'm smiling because I didn't even realize there's a section on pets or if I did I forgot 😊 I'll bet your 2 English Springer Spaniels are adorable, I'm so pleased you have them and your husband for support. Please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely not easy by any stretch of the imagination but as long as you're willing determined and totally committed to succeed then you will persevere through the roller coaster ride of cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep to get to that good place in your quit where you realize how much better life is as an EXer deep breaths you've got this believe it! Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can....

0 Kudos

@Donnamoryc Photos are welcome!  Here is my Charlie.  I decided to rescue this time after several labs.  He's the best!

IMGP0112.JPG

Barb

0 Kudos

He looks like he smiling and very happy

Thank you so much. That was very kind of you to write that I need all the support I can get.

0 Kudos

thank you, Marilyn. I needed as much support as I can get. You were very, very kind.

0 Kudos
champsin97

One more day and you'll be through hell week.  That's a major accomplishment.  Most people who quit never make it that far.  You should be proud.  Celebrate your victories.

0 Kudos

Thank you very very much for acknowledging getting through hell week wow one more day. I have good days and bad days, but this site really helps me out. It’s so good to talk to people who know what you’re going through.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Donnamoryc My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I'm so happy to hear that you have a support system. That is really important on your quit journey. I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos