cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

donny-r

help

I have been smoke free for two weeks and Im very depressed and do not want to do a thing. I have been drink free for five years almost oct 23 2003. This is very hard to stop smoking the depresion is scary since I am an alcoholic.

help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
edith2

Donny, I'm so glad you posted what you are going through. Be rest assured that you are not alone and that what you're going through is temporary. Congradulations on almost 5 years! That's awesome. You know that depression doesn't make you drink or smoke. We drink and smoke because we're addicted. You will get through this. Hit some meetings and get lots and lots of hugs! And keep talking about this. Do something nice for yourself that you enjoy doing. Your body is healing from all the poisons of smoking and the depression is temporary. You'll get through this and you know the support is here.
0 Kudos
donny-r

Edith,

Thanks I sure hope it goes away and Im sure it will (lack of control once again). thanks.

Don
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Donny,
Jump over to my page and have a look at at GROUPS-Cross Addiction, Clean, Sober, and Smoke Free. I did exactly the same thing but I didn't get depressed. That doesn't mean I wasn't scared about loosing the other quits. Keep talking about it. Edith is giving some great advice too. Actively treat the whole thing and do it now. Don't go into hiding. Great job on the 5 years brother. That is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. Now you are smoke free too? SWEET. CMON over and join the crew. Start a topic or thread amongst the cross addicts. YOU ARE COMPLETELY WELCOME THERE. IT IS ALL ABOUT HEALING YOU AND RECOVERY.
C YA THERE
Jim
0 Kudos
sarah-berner

I haven't actually quit yet, but i've quit before and in my experience the first week was the hardest, so you've already gotten thru the worst o it. i would suggest using the tools you've acquired in AA , talk to your sponser and other people in recovery, don't isolate, when you don't feel like doing anything is the time when you most need to get off your ass and get out and get to meetings, if you could resist alcohol for 5 years, i think you can get thru this also. You're doing the right thing asking for help here. Lean on your sober friends, your higher power, and hang in there. i hate hearing this from other people, so i heitate to say it , but as you know "this too shall pass" and you shouyld try to focus on the pay off for what you're going thru right now. All the money you will save, how much better you smell, how much healthier you will become, etc. You're in my payers. Sarah B
0 Kudos
donny-r

Sarah,

Thanks, Im hanging in there and did need to hear not to isolate I have been doing that bad habits coming back. The depresion from the chantix or not smoking is killing me. I do have a lot of tools to use. And most of the time I do not that this too will pass. My prayers or with you as well good luck on quiting its a pain in the ass.

Don
0 Kudos
donny-r

Jim,

Thanks a lot, I m trying to get out and hit some meetings, Im glad to find you all online. I will check out your page next.

Thanks,

Don
0 Kudos
angie-h

your right where i am,man im gald im not alone,dont take it wrong,im sorry ur in this cond,i have no energy or wants for nothing,i am grateful to be somke free for 16 days,but i found out,read other sites here,theres some good support here,im bitchy and horrible to get along with,i want to smoke but then again i dont,i read on one of these sites,that some of nicotine thats in cigs,is so strong it can kill mold and bleach,i thought waht the.... u mean im smoking something that can actually kill mold,that open my eyes at 3:00 a.m.but dang i smoke worst than that,but hu that was 8 yrs ago and i am clean today form that,one day at a time,but ahng in there,thats what they tell me,its hard,but u know what im one determine lady,,,,we want something bad enough we can do it,,,take care
0 Kudos