cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

smorgy8513

What does it take?

And then there is Faith, Family, Friends.........could go on and on........

But God is bringing back the words Trust and Patience!

So, guess that's where I start today.

What is your word for the day?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
elvan

Sharon,

You are such a tender warrior...you are here for all of us and you are going through a difficult battle.  I cannot pretend to understand YOUR battle but I can tell you that every day that I get through without feeling as though there is a plastic bag over my head, is amazing.  Thanks to this site and the education I have gotten from it, I am able to seriously be grateful.  I know that what I have (COPD) is not curable either and I also know that it is going to progress, I am just not going to FEED it.  

Your positive attitude, your faith, and all of the people you have helped on this journey and many others, I am sure, are ALL going to be helpful to you now.  You are such a beautiful lady, inside and out.  You are going to beat this, you are going to get stronger and stronger and kick this cancer to the curb!  PLEASE know that you are in my prayers and the prayers of all of us you have prayed for along the way.

My word for the day is LOVE...for you, for this site, for all of the tender warriors in our lives!

Love you Sharon,

Ellen

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

What a beautiful, encouraging post......thanks you.

I have felt that you are the one who is courageous and bold in your life/health/relationships.

So, Giulia just joined and I asked her thoughts on leaving closed or open.

Maybe I should try to market this one a bit more and see what happens.

Love to you BUNCHES!

Sharon

0 Kudos

My word for the day is Faith - one definition is complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Be it God, Myself, Family and/or Friends - Faith of this type is something I can always use more of. 

I have Faith in the power of healing! May we heal that part of ourselves which is infinite - our Souls! And with that perhaps our pain will be a little more tolerable!

Prayers for ALL who are suffering today! Sickerettes suck the Life Force out of you! I'm so glad to be FREE of Addiction!

0 Kudos
newlife5

hello,

i have not been diagnosed with any diseases as of today, but i do know the struggle.

i got all the symptoms, i get chest pains, i have trouble swallowing..i throw up without warning i have shortness of breath,...i cant eat meat or bread of anykind cause i get sick

but i been tested with every noninvasive test by my doctor and .they have all came back negative

which is both good and bad ... good because it says im not sick and bad cause my problems are not being addressed,

i smoked for 43 years.. for the last 7 years or so i believed i had copd...cause i get frequent bouts of pnuemonia, i get asthma attacks if im around any kind of  cigarette smoke at all.

but they say no..

so im glad ... but this doesnt take away the fear,...i know the fear,...its always there

so my word for today is courage..

Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it."
---- Lt. John B. Putnam Jr. (1921-1944)

we are hear for you smorgy.. if you have ant questuions at all ask them...

0 Kudos
Giulia

I guess my word would be Learn.  When we stop learning we stop growing and I don't ever want to stop growing.  Some lessons are hard.  But then they tend to be the most worthwhile and effective in our growth.  And growth doesn't stop at the grave.  After all, look at fingerenails!  lol   Let us not forget our senses of humor!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Thank-You for inviting me to join this group! My word for the day is  Strength. Because of lack of oxygen, I lack understanding and am confused a lot, so I need to be strong and ask questions and write everything down and try to stay organized, and not just wad up in a ball and cry! And also because Sharon has so much strength. I am almost embarrassed to mention my piddly little stuff with all Sharon  and others are dealing with. 

@ Newlife have you seen a pulmonologist and had spirometry and other lung function tests and a CT scan done? You may want to have a second or third opinion! I also smoked for 43 years and I am on the high side of moderate COPD and was told yesterday that It would be in the severe stages if I wouldn't have quit smoking 430 days ago. I smoked 50 cigs a day.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

What an encouraging blog Terrie.....and eveyone else.

We are helping to support the others here and that is GREAT!     But we also need to get support and help to set aside our worries.

So, I'm going to ask you all a question:

What is the worst part of being sick right now?

For me I battle with the guilt and shame of "if only I hadn't started smoking"..........

Don't feel that way all the time but it comes and goes.

OK, have to add another one:

When I dont have the energy to do anything and get so worn out so quick.

Share your tough things right now!

Let us help you!

Sharon

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Our illnesses take up space in our body and our mind whether we try to block it out or not and that is very tiring.

On a daily basis, I wish I would have never taken a drink or a drug or a smoke, I ask God and myself why I did. In therapy, I'm told to let it go and stay in today. Tough thing to do but I will not stop trying.

I read that you were going for breakfast,  Sharon. Enjoy

I wish you all Peace today!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hope you enjoy your Birthday Sharon!

0 Kudos