cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

The Worst Part

One day last week I was just fine and the next day - sick!

There are a lot of things on my mind right now about what went wrong and how I could have prevented it but you can't go back and regret in pointless. 

But the worst part of this illness is the worry I see in my Wife's eyes!

What I would give to go back and quit smoking before I got COPD! 

How glad I am that I did quit 6 1/2 Years ago!

We as a Family are adjusting to a new reality! I just hope it's mostly temporary - at least for now!

I Love that Woman!

Protect your Quit! For yourself! For your Family! For LIFE!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
arky

Thomas prayes is coming your way,  my husband has copd and  i worry about him. take care.

0 Kudos
elvan

Your wife loves you just as you love her.  As you said, there is no way we can go back and change things.  I would love to do the same and quit before I got to this ugly point.  I, too, hate seeing the fear in the eyes of my family members.  There is nothing I can do now except to take care of myself and to make as many memories as I can with them, you know, we need to give as much as we can to them and let them know we love them.  It is what you DO for every person here, dear Thomas.  You are an amazing person and we are all sending our love and prayers...just as you have done for us so many times.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Powerful message Thomas.....thank you. Please take care! 

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you for being here every day Thomas, no surprise you were so missed and we were all so worried about you!  But no one as much as your loving wife.

May you feel better every day and relieve her pain, and try not to feel guilty.  You did the right thing 6 1/2 years ago, and still doing the right things today, I am sure she is proud of you!

Healing thoughts and prayers your way.

0 Kudos

Time goes past

Time goes fast

We make it count.

Feel better, Praying for the best outcome.

0 Kudos
tjanddj

My thoughts and prayers Thomas.

0 Kudos
shashort

Yes Thomas powerful message. Sending prayers to you your family and hoping you feel better quick.  Thanks for being here to help us newbies through. Big hugs

0 Kudos
Stopforgood

Praying for you Thomas!

You inspire so many and are so knowledgeable and willing to help others.  You may never know the extent that your research, blogs, personal strength and experience have helped others in their journey.  I know you have educated and encouraged me greatly!

You have more friends and prayers going up and coming your way, than you may ever know.

Thanks for all you do for the Ex Community!

Jim

0 Kudos
PennyLynn7407

(((Hugs))) and prayers for you and your wife. 

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Hugs, prayers and special love for you and for your wife.        You both need each other.......don't beat yourself up with shame and guilt.      I can't imagine there is even 1 of us that hasn't thought "why didn't I quit earlier....or never start"        But we can't change what we can't change.

Now we do TODAY!

May your TODAY be blessed!

0 Kudos