cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

The Worst Part

One day last week I was just fine and the next day - sick!

There are a lot of things on my mind right now about what went wrong and how I could have prevented it but you can't go back and regret in pointless. 

But the worst part of this illness is the worry I see in my Wife's eyes!

What I would give to go back and quit smoking before I got COPD! 

How glad I am that I did quit 6 1/2 Years ago!

We as a Family are adjusting to a new reality! I just hope it's mostly temporary - at least for now!

I Love that Woman!

Protect your Quit! For yourself! For your Family! For LIFE!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
TerrieQuit

Absolutely! We never know what is gonna happen with the COPD. My Dr. simply said don't catch a cold or get sick! Whaaaaaaaaatttttttttt? 

Don't Quit on your Quit!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

It is sad that so many of us waited far to long to quit I began trying to quit way back in 1985 so it took all of these years to do it !

Why ? Why did I think it was so hard or why did I want to cling to smoking so long ! We cannot go back but I hope some of the younger newbies learn from our mistakes now . I wish I had had Ex many years ago thanks for being here Thomas and for staying here to help so many quit !!!!

You are a gem ! Your wife is blessed and you are both blessed to have each other !

Hope you feel better fast Thomas !

Love Bonnie

0 Kudos
Ed55

Ditto Bonnie B!  

You are in my prayers Thomas. 

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Thomas, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  We started this Quit Journey together and you were always a big help to me.  Take care of you and your wife too!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

You had a set back at no fault of your own. Sometimes you do everything right and still things go wrong.  I'm glad you're back and  hope that you feel better every day. You're missed when you're not around!

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

You just never know what life has in store, regardless of our health. But to see the worry in your wife's eyes tells me you are loved, Thomas, as much as you love. What a precious gift that is!! And that, my friend, is what life is all about. May you feel better soon!!
0 Kudos
Sootie

It is always harder to see someone we love suffer than to suffer ourselves. But the choice is not always ours. My prayers are with you, your wife and your whole family. May God grant you the strength you need. God bless you for continuing to come here to help others!  

0 Kudos
MarilynH

(((((Huge cyber Hug for you and your wife Thomas)))))

0 Kudos
Eric_L.

Hi Thomas

0 Kudos