cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Marlisa

Surgery

I am so grateful I have not started back up, I took the opportunity to quit when I knew a surgery was coming up, and I would not be able to vape in the hospital. I know very few can take an opportunity to do that but I took that opportunity and I am so grateful I did. I haven’t broken my commitment to stay off the nicotine. Day seven was really hard, day 12 was really hard and then, every once in a while, I would find myself going into my office to vape, and I realized that I was not going to do that so quitting some bad habits was also part of this whole  Ordeal for me but in the end I’m so grateful !

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Barbscloud

@Marlisa Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 60 days.  That's fabulous that you kept your quit going after your surgery.   I hope your well on your way to a full recovery.  Remind yourself "I don't do that anymore" when you think about vaping.   It really works.

You might find this helpful.  It doesn't happen to everyone, but it's good go be aware.

No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate) - EX Community

Glad you reached out to share your success.  If you need some support along the way, just reach out.  We're all in this journey together.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
Marlisa

Thankyou for your reply I really appreciate your vote of confidence.

MJ

• @Marlisa Congrats on 60 days.   I’m so happy for you!
0 Kudos
biscuit9

I wanted to commend you on making such a wonderful decision for your health and for your life.  Quit day 190 for me and I share your struggle and your journey to get FREE of nicotine addiction.   Stay strong!!  Your body will thank you every single day.

0 Kudos
mads

Hiya!

I'm having jaw surgery in the near future, and I'm attempting to do the same. Even though I've had surgery as an active vaper, I know of the risks - and they scare me haha. I've read and been told of them and uh - let's just say you made the right choice!

Please keep it up! You're doing great, and you'll thank you later!

Keep on keeping on,

mads

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@mads Just answered your other post.

Barb

0 Kudos