cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Blooming

The red hot poker that is

I cut the first bloom off as it was dying and drying up which is the normal process.       There are 5 or 6 more poking up.

IMG_0223.jpg

DSCF6281.JPG

DSCF6284.JPG

DSCF6286.JPG

Red Hot Pokers.jpg 

25 Replies

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

elvan

WOW, those are some impressive blooms! You have so MANY! How amazing.  

Ellen

the last picture isn't mine. Ours has never had that many, it was more of an example to show more than one bloom. 🙂

Daniela2016

and some impressive comments too

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Here's one I just took.

Now there's a bunch. I've never seen more than 2 at a time on this plant.

The flower stalks have grown a foot in 2 days.

I'm counting 7 now.

DSCF6289.JPG

elvan

Are they ever called candy corn?  I think I have heard that for something that looks like them but these look really big.

Ellen

it says they are sometimes called tritoma or torch lily.

the blooms are about 8 inches long and 3 inches wide at the widest point when fully hrown.

elvan

Well, I don't think they are the same thing I was talking about.  I am sure they aren't that large but the coloring is so similar to candy corn, the one I am think of is MUCH smaller.  I tried googling it...How to Grow and Care for Candy Corn Plant  It is clearly not related.

Ellen

SuzyQ411

Absolutely gorgeous! In spite of our "forced" isolation, the beauty of our world continues on and lays gifts at our feet.

Giulia

Maybe you need to get it some Vardenifril.  Great stimulator for flaccid pokers.  Perhaps stroke it now and then?  Plants respond to love.  (Truly.  Read the Findhorn Garden if you don't believe me.)