cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

WEEKLY TRIVIA FOR 12.28.2021

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

trivia image.jpg

WHAT CITY MADE SNOWFALL ILLEGAL IN  1992?

1. Syracuse, New York

2. Anchorage, laska

3. Grand Rapids, Michigan

4. Spokane, Washington

Enjoy the game!! 

ANSWER TO LAST WEEK'S QUESTION:  WILLIE NELSON

Learn More from  TRIVIA DAILY

"Everyone’s favorite experimental country crooner, Willie Nelson, is known to both have a heart of gold and a talent for writing touching lyrics. That’s why it may not come as a surprise that Nelson was responsible for Patsy Cline’s beloved 1961 ballad, ”Crazy.” The song was part of a trove Nelson had crafted on his own, and was originally titled “Stupid.” As Nelson sold his songs to different acts who turned them into hits, his reputation around Nashville grew. "

TO REVIEW YOUR LAST WEEK'S ANSWER, CLICK HERE:  WEEKLY TRIVIA FOR 12.21.2021 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
meWisconsin

My guess would be Syracuse,NY. They get so much lake effect snow each winter that people probably said "enough already."

Terry🌨

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am also going to guess Syracuse. I think they would try most anything to make it stop!   Friends of my parents moved there, and photos of their house covered in snow to the second floor, and a tunnel made to leave the house STILL sticks in my mind.

I wonder who gets to arrest Mother Nature?

😁

SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  Thanks for playing Trivia, my friend 🙂

(Perhaps Human Rights Groups would be the ones to arrest her?? )

SuzyQ411

@meWisconsin  Thanks for playing Trivia again this week, Terry 😊

0 Kudos
tracy0924

I am going to go with 1. Syracuse, New York. If my memory is correct🙃 they got fed up with snowfall and declared it illegal! Lotta good it did though! Ha ha!

@YoungAtHeart  Nancy LOL😂🤣

Tracy
0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@tracy0924  Thanks for playing Trivia 🙂 I agree that including the link is  good idea and will continue doing so!! Glad you found it helpful!

Cousin-Itt

Thank you again Suzy for posting

How I remember the years my friends, and I would load up our friends Casper Micro VW Bus with our sleds, skis, coolers and our kayaks strapped to the top heading out to our yearly winter trip to Syracuse. Then it happened as we were headed Northeast that morning in 1992 listening to the gospel radio station, we heard the announcement "Syracuse Outlaws Snowfall" With heavy hearts and tears in our eyes we made a quick u turn and headed Southwest towards the mountains of New Mexico. On the way we stopped at several hardware stores bought everything we needed to put wheels on our skis and kayaks and enjoyed our winter ski and sledding trip on the mountain roads. Nothing beats competitive street luge when you're in your 60s.   Yeap that's my lie and I'm sticking to it

luge.jpg

Answer Syracuse 

Thanks for posting and Have a Happy New Year

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt 

You never cease to tickle my funny bone with your answers, Carl!

Thanks for playing Trivia 😊

0 Kudos
Shadownctrout

Syracuse, New York

0 Kudos