cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

WEEKLY TRIVIA FOR 11.09.2021

WELCOME TO THIS WEEK'S (BELATED) TRIVIA-

trivia image.jpg

WHICH PLANT MATERIAL DID HENRY FORD USE TO STUFF THE SEATS OF THE MODEL- T? 

1. Spanish Moss 

2.  Corn Husks

3. Palm Fronds

4. Cotton

Enjoy the game! 

(Game question and answers from Trivia Genius)

Answer to last week's Trivia :  THEODORE ROOSEVELT 

" Football has always been a relatively dangerous game, but at the turn of the 20th century, it was particularly risky. A brutal stretch of injuries and fatalities on the football field led to widespread calls for the abolition of college football — or at least for changes to make the game more like rugby. Enter then-president Teddy Roosevelt. Roosevelt helped set up a committee after the 1905 season, which established several rules that define modern football: The forward pass was introduced; it now took 10 yards to win a first down as opposed to 5; and if a player fell on the ball the game would now pause (rather than allow large heaps of men to fight each other on the ground, which had proven perilous). The forward pass, in particular, led to players spreading out across the field, which limited the number of violent multiplayer collisions."

Source: Mental Floss | Date Updated: October 18, 2021

To review your last week's answer click here:  Weekly Trivia for 11.02.2021 

(P.S. All players chose the tight answer! As I am definitely not a football fan, I chose the wrong answer.)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
SuzyQ411

Sincere thanks to @YoungAtHeart  for giving me the "gift" of a heads up that I had not submitted this week's Trivia-- and here it is, a Wednesday!!  No excuse except that it's been a busy few days 😊

heads up.png

YoungAtHeart

Welp, corn husks and fronds wouldn't be too comfy, and cotton would compact so I will guess Spanish moss.

😊

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart - enjoyed your easy-to-follow deductive reasoning, my friend. Whether you were right or wrong, thanks for playing Trivia this week  😊

Sootie

Spanish moss (although that's a LOT of moss!!!!!).......and I am glad you are late because I could not get on the site! So I am late also!!!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Sootie  Thanks for playing Trivia 😊 Glad you could finally get onto the EX site!

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

I honestly didn't know the answer so I had to cheat and Google it. Therefore I won't reveal the answer.

Terry😎

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@meWisconsin  Thanks for your honesty, Terry, BUT if you just answered it anyway perhaps you might have gotten it right??? (I kinda bet you would have 😊)

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

I might of said corn kernels as it would be like sitting on a bean bag chair. Corn Husk just sounds painfully uncomfortable Especially if one wasn't laying flat but standing on its end.

I'd pick Palm Fronds but I don't like the word Fronds when Palm Leaves sound better

Cotton sounds way to reasonable which is why I'm guessing "Spanish Moss"

SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt  Once again, Carl. enjoyed your laying out your thought process. Thanks for playing Trivia 🙂

0 Kudos