cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerrieQuit

Vegetable Poker

Starting with letter A and working through to Z using vegetables. Pictures and/or descriptions are encouraged

I will start the bid with asparagus

Who will see my asparagus and raise with a ???

174 Replies
MePlus3

I see your cilantro and raise you some chard (I looked it up sorry) playing this game help me realize why I'm underweight Im missing out terribly lol
0 Kudos
shashort

Picky people around here hahahaha  I will still eat your corn Trudy and count it as my vegetable hahahah love ya Terrie 🙂

Terrie I see your cilantra and raise a chive

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I'll see the chard and the chives and raise some celtuce

0 Kudos
tjanddj

My only defense I have for my self on the cucumber.

FULL ANSWER

On a technical level, the difference between fruits and vegetables is fairly clear. Fruits grow from a plant's flowers and contain seeds, and vegetables are the other parts of the plant. However in a culinary sense, there are plenty of fruits that are generally used as vegetables. These fruits include not only cucumbers but also tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, avocado and squash. These foods, while fruits by definition, are not nearly as sweet as fruits like oranges or peaches and fit in better with vegetables for culinary purposes.

and corn well I guess it really is a grain. 

Kimberly if you are underweight and eating healthfully I wouldn't worry about it just do some strenghthening exercise and built up those muscles. Build muscle not fat! Eat all the non-starch vegetables you want you won't gain weight from them. 

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Me to Sharon I am eating the corn to. A nice sweet corn with no butter no salt. Yum Yum

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Sounds good to me, Trudy! I always thought tomatoes and cucumbers and squash (especially squash) were veggies!

Besides I saw your cucumber and raised because I agree with you also corn is a vegetable, they even sell it with vegetables! I am rolling here!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

black eye peas are peas can be counted as a protein or carb.  But they start with B that is why i use it so the rest is not immaterial.  Is that how you spell immaterial.  My grammerly no longer works.  lol

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Terrie I raise see your carrots and raise you some cauliflower.  After this I am going to bed. 

Now back to the black eye peas. The are a pea.   Considered protein or carb.  But the start with a B

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

the rest is immaterial

the rest is not material

It works for me, Jackie!

Anybody got a c veggie?

I am about to go watch the blanket show!

Carry on!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Sorry, Jackie, carrots were on page one and cauliflower was a long time ago. I am going to bed, if you all want to move on to D's, Go for it!

0 Kudos