Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TUESDAY TRIVIA 05.11.2021

Jump to solution

trivia image.jpg

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

WHAT DID AMELIA EARHART USE TO STAY AWAKE ON LONG FLIGHTS?

1. Black Tea

2. Electric Shots

3. Smelling Salts

4. Black Licorice

Answer to last week's question:  Abraham Lincoln 

Not only was Abraham Lincoln an accomplished wrestler, a lawyer, and the only former President to hold a patent, he is also the only licensed bartender to become President of the United States. Long before his political career, Lincoln went into business with an old military friend of his, William F. Berry. “Berry and Lincoln” was their bar and store in New Salem, Illinois. The pair bought their liquor license in March 1833 for a whopping $7, and began selling whiskey, wine, brandy, and more. Their selection included half pints of 12-cent apple brandy, 18.75-cent peach brandy, and 25-cent French brandy. Guests could also have a meal at the tavern for a quarter, or lodge at the premises for half a quarter. Unfortunately, the business soon went into debt, primarily because Berry was drinking too many of its products. Lincoln sold his interest in the store to Berry in April 1833, and a month later became the Postmaster of New Salem.

Source: Business Insider | Date Updated: April 27, 2021

To view your last week's answer click here TUESDAY TRIVIA 05.04.2021 

Thanks to all who are playing Trivia. The more who play, the more fun it is. 

Also, thanks to Trivia Genius for the question and answer to this week's quiz. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sootie

OMG!!! I am actually ANSWERING the TUESDAY TRIVIA question ON Tuesday!!!!

AND!!!! I am the FIRST to answer!!!!!

And---I think the answer is smelling salts!

View solution in original post

Cousin-Itt

Hello Suzy and thanks for posting

I can see Amelia now with a set of jumper cables at 5,000 feet shocking herself Could explain why she liked flying alone.    Yet I do know the answer and I'll be direct and not waste your time with my reasoning behind my answer.  So to be direct and to the point and I have no idea why I know this.  I've could have read it in a book or saw it in a documentary about her maybe I learned about it in history class or maybe playing bar trivia  Just couldn't tell you how I know so I'll keep my answer short  #5 All the Above    No #3   Smelling Salts   

meWisconsin

This week will I will have to guess for sure but I'm going to say "smelling salts"

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Electric shots is just silly; no way to MAKE tea, sugar in licorice would make you sick after awhile, so I am going to guess

SMELLING SALTS

16 Replies
Sootie

OMG!!! I am actually ANSWERING the TUESDAY TRIVIA question ON Tuesday!!!!

AND!!!! I am the FIRST to answer!!!!!

And---I think the answer is smelling salts!

SuzyQ411

@Sootie 

WOW- First to play AND on  Tuesday 😊

Thanks for playing Trivia!

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Hello Suzy and thanks for posting

I can see Amelia now with a set of jumper cables at 5,000 feet shocking herself Could explain why she liked flying alone.    Yet I do know the answer and I'll be direct and not waste your time with my reasoning behind my answer.  So to be direct and to the point and I have no idea why I know this.  I've could have read it in a book or saw it in a documentary about her maybe I learned about it in history class or maybe playing bar trivia  Just couldn't tell you how I know so I'll keep my answer short  #5 All the Above    No #3   Smelling Salts   

SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt 

Thanks for playing Trivia Carl and for only taking me around the barn a few times this week, lol. BTW, I'm still awaiting clarification of your answer for last week?? 😊

Cousin-Itt

Last weeks answer was I didn't know the answer but you can pick one for me and I'll keep my mouth shut 

Thanks

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt 

Oh no- you're not getting off that easy, my boy... 🙃

Choose one---any one--- just let me know , ok?

If you have to, just do an eeny meeny miney moe..

Or, I can just put down in my records that you had the wrong answer???

💙

Cousin-Itt

Suzy I know last week answer was Abe  but I didn't know it last week so I'll guess James Buchannan.

or George Washington  

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt 

Gotcha

💛💚💙

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

This week will I will have to guess for sure but I'm going to say "smelling salts"

0 Kudos