cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,116 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

KEEP ON MOVING DON'T STOP!

YoungAtHeart

They won't let me go home until I can hop up an 8 inch step... on crutches.   Terrifying for me to be midair with only crutches between me and a face plant...I have just had too many falls.  I will persevere - because I have no choice, but it is really tough.  Also did 45 minutes of leg and arm exercises with weights and propelled a wheelchair down hallways and outside all day.  Gosh but I am BORED!

Giulia

Awwwww.  But better to be safe than face plant!  You gotta find someone to have wheelchair races with.

JACKIE1-25-15

I am so sorry that you have to go through this.  I believe that things will get better for you. I know you will not allow the fear of past accidents to stop you. They may slow you down but you are a natural fighter  You are a winner.  You can dfo it.  Show em whatcha got!  One step at a time.  You got this. 

encouraging quotes words of encouragement

virgomama

I agree with Giulia.  Wheelchair races.  Hang in there.  

Sootie

I'm actually trying to figure out exactly HOW you do that......I can't quite get my mind around hopping up stairs with crutches. Is there no way to avoid stairs until you heal?? This sounds scary.

PrimeNumberJD

You could live in the mall, they have escalators!

YoungAtHeart

I can stay on the first floor (sleeping on the sofa), but I have a 6" and separate 8" step to get inside. 

tjanddj

Gosh Nancy I am sorry they are making you use the crutches to go up a step. Not a easy thing to do. Why won't let you just hang on to the rail and hop up?

YoungAtHeart

There are two steps to get into the house - separated by a patio - one from the sidewalk and one from the patio inside....so there aren't railings......I have ordered an exercise step so I don't have to hop up 8 inches (OMG!) with crutches - and I can use a walker on the sides of it to get up.  I still have to hop up 4 inches from the patio in - and you have to put the walked inside the doorway and hop!!!  I am practicing every day and today was not as terrifyingly difficult as yesterday...baby steps!!