cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,113 Replies
TriGirl

Sometimes working on the attitude is the only way to move forward. 

Sootie

Oh Nancy---it does often feel so depressing when you are working so hard! I am sure they only have your best interests at heart.......it is hard going home on crutches (as you well know!). I think they probably don't want any more broken bones for you! Still......I feel your pain. I hate being in the hospital or anywhere like that AND...sometimes, I even hate being somewhere nice because I WANT TO BE HOME!!. So you rant all you want.....you are entitled.

Christine13

I did a 30 minute walk yesterday, and a 25 minute walk the day before.  My 90 year old dad, also walked 20 minutes yesterday, which I think is amazing!

I will squeeze in another 30 minute walk today too.  I've gotta start so slow because I am terribly out of shape, lol.

JACKIE1-25-15

It was and EXceptional day. No EXercise. Period.  EXcept I had to pick my grandson up from his college campusHis car is in repair. Loved being with my gentle giant. If only for a little while. I ran a few errands. 4.8 K steps for the entire day. I was here quite often.  I did not burn a lot of calories, only 1,5K hopefully I did not intake more.  Those coconut fudge cookies 2 @130 calories. hmm I guess I can count to 4.  Anyway.  All is Well Ends Well. Have a great nice. NOPE will keep you free and keep moving!! Even if you have to do it in your dreams.  lol. 

Sootie

Did my walk and weights today. TOMORROW, i will be teaching five (5) toddlers....... 2-3 year olds all day. So I will be looking forward to SATURDAY when I am planning to veg.......big time.

Giulia

Wow Christine Christine13 your dad is an example for us ALL.  I wanna be just like him when I grow up IF I live that long!  lol Keep walking.  But I hope you're walking somewhere that is INTERESTING and not just on a treadmill.  I know you live in Winnipeg (been there, done that at 25 below there doing a show) but it's not winter there YET, right?  So walk outside as long as you can.  Or even if it's not outside - just move.  Any movement is good for the spirit.

Trudy, kitchen moving is moving too. If you're not sitting in a recliner watching TV - your moving in my book!

Working on attitude is moving spiritually, no?!  Yeah, Kelly, working on the attitude is definitely moving as far as I'm concerned.  I think we can get kudos for moving physically but also emotionally and spiritually on this journey.  So I'm saying rah rah to those who are "moving" in whatever direction that may take.  Well, unless it backwards!  lol

For me - no moving today.  Except DA FINGER.  And I don't mean flipping the bird.  Unless you can do it with your pinkie.  Does anyone still say that???  An hour in OC (Ocular Contortions, uh, Oblique Confluences, Opportunistic Conjurers - non of the preceding).  Slow progress.  Still swollen.  Still working it!  And frig it!  I will either make the finger do what it can or give up and accept what it can't.  That's life.  And it was another day of 95. PULEEEEZE.  Can I come visit in Winnipeg, Christine?  You got an extra bed?  Marilyn?  Sootie?  ANY place north of here???  LOL

Meanwhile - as my favorite elder says:  Keep on keeping on.  We move when we can.  And when we can't, we still move but don't count it!

tjanddj

I guess we do move even when we think we didn't move. To pinkie movement!

Giulia

Here here, Trudy!  Hey, I did an hour workout with that pinkie!    You bet that counts!  lol  And you chopped  and did 30 minutes of yoga.  That's moving in my book!  Chopping and doing dishes is moving.  To me, if you spend more time not moving than moving - well, you're not moving!  Well, no that not true either.  If you do NO moving, then you're not moving.  If you sit in a chair all day and only get up to go to the bathroom or eat - THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT MOVING!

tjanddj

Good day in the kitchen. Salad makings all chopped up. Some yummy salad dressings made. Pot full of scrumptious lentil soup. Couple days worth of smoothies and homemade green juice which I make daily. and let see... I made a pitcher of green tea/raspberry tea. I can't call it iced tea because I have no ice. I was going to make some veggie burgers but I forgot to buy more cashews so got that ordered so will make that whenever my order gets delivered. So I guess I did some moving around some although I think I did more chopping than moving but at least I was moving my arm. And I did do 30 minutes of stretching and yoga. And then I sat on the couch and watched a movie. And then I went upstairs and sat in my rocking chair and did my quiet time with God. But I was rocking in the chair so I was moving.

We are all good at moving. Yes we are. Happy moving to us all.