cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,116 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Good job.  This week has gone by very fast. 

Mandolinrain

I think I will always be under construction, lol

Giulia

Good going you guys!   Man, you are dedicated Sootie, walking in the rain!  

"I am so happy that we got this started again"  Uhm, YOU got this started, Madam!  Pat yourself on the back!

I spent a couple of hours in the veg. garden pulling out 2' long weeds that have taken over since my pinkie dislocation.  Then raked up nuts for an hour.  Then mowed (sit down but on the most difficult part of the property - very tough hills).  Then got the mower stuck as I was doing just one pass around the veg. garden.  Wheels spinning in wet grass.  Husband was napping, so I left it there and covered it with a tarp and hope we can get it extricated tomorrow.  I tried putting some large pieces of wood by the tires and rocking it.  Nope.  Sigh.  Well, it's only the second time in 10 years I've managed to do that, so...not too bad.

Sootie

I actually don't mind running/walking in the rain...............AS LONG AS IT IS NOT COLD! I don't like to be cold! But when it is rain like this morning.....I kind of enjoy the "alone-ness" as no one is out and about.

I weeded on the weekend....WOW, I had really let it go (and I have no pinkie excuse!)

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Another 1/3rd of the yard mowed. Dumb bell work out for the arms. Ankle and calf stretches done. Ankle is healing well. I will be back to normal soon. Happy moving all! 

JACKIE1-25-15

Good Job.  I have a new name for you  TENACIOUS TRUDY.  You really inspire me.  I said to myself if Trudy can do it, so can I. You keep me moving!. 

tjanddj

Always a part of the body that can do a workout no matter what condition we find our self in. Sometimes it is hard holding myself back from over doing it. I just have to remember I want to be healed in 6 weeks not 6 months. I told my neighbor across the street that if he saw me outside working to long to come and tell me to knock it off. He came over one time to tell me he saw me mowing the lawn. Neighbors watching out for each other. 

JACKIE1-25-15

tjanddj wrote:

Always a part of the body that can do a workout no matter what condition we find our self in. 

I honestly believe that.

Giulia

Yay Trudy.  You GO, girl!

"Plyometerics", Missy.  Just googled and watched a utube video.  Jumping exercises?  Mouth open.  Well, I guess that's why you looked as terrific as you did at the reunion.  And you can do that with MS?  Just - awesome.  I couldn't do those kinds of exercises when I was in my 30s.  Though I did do The Firm.  Anybody remember or do that?  Amazing workout.  Wish my knees were good enough to do those lunges now!  But at 70 spending an hour squatting to pick up nuts off the hillside - hey I'm grateful to be able to do that.  

It's so easy to give in to ... easy.  So hard to press on to what's not as comfortable.  But like with quitting, if we didn't press on past what's not comfortable, we'd never accomplish the magnificence of the journey.  

When you give in to the easy - you're in the recliner in the old folks home with people changing your diapers.  I'd rather change my own, thanks!

Mandolinrain

Oh honey, I MODIFY ALOT!!!! The last time I did P90x I was younger and I modified then but by the end of the three months I was doing it right along with them except for the YogaX thats killed me. As long as I am in remission,.... I am good to go, but if I go out of remission....then I cant do any of it.

0 Kudos