cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,185 Replies

@biscuit9 

And now that's chicken feed!

😁

YoungAtHeart

Beautiful, perfect Spring day ,lovely walk around the lake with friend Kate.  Marveled at MANY turtles taking an opportunity to sun themselves above the pollen coated water.   Captured one gang (I especially liked the one solitary little fella' in the left corner!) to share:

PXL_20240426_153734073.jpg

Great day, great company, GREAT sunshine!

Giulia

@YoungAtHeart  Loved the turtles.  I'm the solo one!

Didn't do too much today.  Just the usual morning back work and then vacuumed the upstairs porch.  And my back hurt just after that little bit of vacuuming.  And that pissed me off.  

Anybody have any good neck exercises to do?  Some of the back workout I've been doing is really stressing my neck, giving me headaches.  I know it's due to the exercises.  I've done the chin to chest hold for 30 seconds, looking left, looking right; tilting left tilting right... but that's not alleviating the kink I feel is there.  Any ideas??? 

Meanwhile my notifications from EX have stopped working yet again.  Just sayin.'  But I'll check in here daily to see what everybody's doing because you all keep me doing what I'M doing!  I love this group because I think without you all persevering in so many ways I could easily take the easier route of - doing nothing that challenges me physically.  And if I did that - well I think we all know what doing nothing physically will do to us.  Keep DOING what you're doing!

https://youtu.be/7PB_TKpnwW0?si=P0J3YttqgbqxXeav

Dear @Giulia  these help my sister neck 

Just sharing my dear

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

I actually fixed a herniated disc in my neck by pulling my shoulders up toward the ears, then rolling them back and down like the shoulder blades are magnets sliding down a refrigerator.    Do it softly and slowly - it's part of a yoga practice.

When you are doing PT stuff, be sure you aren't hunching your shoulders, or  pulling them tightly up.   I found I did that unconsciously when I was stressed and became aware of it through the yoga practice.

Hope it feels better!  

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

Forgot to mention I repeated the shoulder adjustment exercise  throughout the day.  I chose the times I was waiting for the elevator but it helps to find something to attach it to as a reminder.

Nice day outside today.  I did 50 mins with Jules of Improved Health and 9 mins on the bicycle.....I am not Guilia.  I didn't go far but it felt good to be the on bike.  I moved.  Hope you have a chance to move it today.

YoungAtHeart

@biscuit9 

GOOD!

They changed today's forecast from cloudy to shower, rain and overall gloom - so my promise to myself is when it rains, I clean (as long as it's been longer than a couple of days since it last opened up!).

So - today I am cleaning.  All but vacuuming of the first floor done. Nice to have it done so when it's nice outside, I can be THERE! Will finish with that in a bit.  Upstairs will have to wait for the NEXT rainy day!  

😁

Cousin-Itt

Been preoccupied Joyces oldest brothers back in the hospital over the last year he has been in and out never fully recovering before going back in. This time he is in Columbus at OSU We believe it's cancer Anyway I just been doing odds and ends around home.   

@Cousin-Itt 

I am so sorry for your BIL going through that, and you all and the family dealing with it, too. Growing older is definitely not for sissies.  Be sure to take especially good care of you and Joyce!