cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,152 Replies

@RainbowHeart Love the pictures beautiful colors 

indingrl

istockphoto-1159699190-612x612.jpg

 up at 543am and prayed

7 minute wake up exercise with hubby and out the door for me to 12 step program called Alanon because I am effected by others alcohol abuse and when I get back hubby out the door to enjoy his afternoon fellowshipping with his support group too

We are grateful to be alive and moving forward with everyone today 

Maki

How was the round up @indingrl , think you said you were going to a round up . I went to those , so fun . ( I have a family member through marriage going on 50 years sober . ) I always enjoyed the speakers and dance . 

biscuit9

Good Tuesday all.  Doing "serious" laundry today, which means my washer/dryer is very busy.  I will be putting some heavy bedding outside to dry and it would be nice if the sun 🌅 came out to help dry the bedding.  Found this yesterday and thought I would share it here.  If you need this today, this is for you.

HoldTogether.jpg

Giulia

Today was first off a skin doc appt, all well there.  Then to PT where I do the same thing I do at home every morning.  THAT was boring.  I guess he just needed to see me do it?  Then, happily he had me do 3 new stretch band workouts and gave me a band to take home.  At least it was a BLUE one, which is on the upper end of tensile strength.   I think I'll probably feel that workout tomorrow in my triceps.  I said I'd probaby be cursing him.  Unfortunately he's a little humorless so didn't enjoy my joke.  Someone who's been working at the job too many years is my guess.  Phasing out, looking off into the distance while you're working out.  Showing little, if no interest.  Then he put me on the wrack!  Or is that rack?  Uh, what's it called in reality?  ah, yes, traction.  Never done that before.  Interesting.  I liked it except for the fact that they strap you in so tightly you can't breathe too easily.  But after 22 minutes of that - I - guess - my back felt a little looser.  Maybe gained back the  1" 1/2" I've lost.  Yeah, right!

Then, still suffering from this croup thing, I went to urgent care and she thinks, yes, it's a sinus infection, so tomorrow I'll pick up an antibiotic for that and hopefully I'll have more energy to work out more!   Got home too late to do any other exercises.  Over and out.

SuzyQ411

Hello any of you movers who happen to read this post: It was a sunny day near 60 degrees F and I once again hit the streets. What a joy to have the rainy spell and its mud puddles in the rearview window now~ Seemed good to be out and about once again! I've noticed some recent chatter on the site of late regarding my two most favorite flowers: lily of the valley and lilacs! There is no lily of the valley here on my rental property BUT it is the 3rd year for a new lilac bush, so I anticipate some blossoms this spring! @Giulia : Am so happy to hear you have gotten medical input on your continuing cough and have my fingers crossed that the antibiotic will clear everything right up! Admire your dedication to your new exercise program even if your PT provider is such a "slouch!"

Maki

Yay , good weather for @SuzyQ411 

Thank you for the rain ,

Thank you for the moon ,

Thanks for all the things ..

like sun ! 

That get us to get up and move . 

Glad to hear finally some nice weather your way Suzy . 

Maki

Love traction and how it helped me . The chiropractor I had ( a great one ) had me doing that many years ago when my back was a goner .. saved my life .. glad it seems to be helping you . Also happy to hear you are getting help for those sinuses . Woo hoo keep on singing , no better thing for ones health. 

Cousin-Itt

Good morning, everyone

I've been walking a lot the last three days 4 mile each day as our weather has been fantastic.  I've also been working in the yard (cutting grass, pulling weeds from the flower beds etc...)  Otherwise not too much going on as the grandbabies have been in Florida for the last week.  I believe they return today. 

@Giulia hope the antibiotics work quickly for you 

Enjoy the day everyone

indingrl

49923c937724032e2e2c4863a1409490.jpg

 up at 438 am and prayed

7 minute wake up exercise and Super challenge with Leslie Sansone on utube

I am grateful to be alive and physically healthy today