cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,160 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Good morning, everyone

The traveling lamp is finally shining brightly here bringing warmer temperatures.   Getting ready to take an extended walk hopefully 4 plus mile.  This afternoon my shoes will come off as I will be pulling weeds from the flower beds 

Enjoy the day everyone

YoungAtHeart

My hips weren't unbearable, but not painfree,  either, so I just did a 30 minute neighborhood walk.  I am ALMOST ready to get an ortho opinion.  It occurs to me that since it's both of them, and comes and goes, maybe it is coming from a back disc??  Not sure what I would be willing to do about that, but options might be nice to investigate.  hmmmmmmmmm?!?!

Giulia

@indingrl  Thank goodness you weren't going DOWNstairs when you fell!  Hope the ice helped.

Did my usual morning back work (sans stretch bands).  Just finished first weed wacking of the season (about an hour's worth), then mowed.  Then sat on a bench and listened to the birds and thanked God for the beauty of the day.  Then did a little pluckage of Lilly of the Valley.  It's all by the hammock so when you lie there the scent just wafts around you.  Cheers everybody.

Lilly of the Valley.jpg

indingrl

Amen I rather fall up LOL

Dear Lady G what beautiful flowers thank you for sharing picture

So precious tiny flowers and good self care too I appreciate you gentle hug @Giulia 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

It took me YEARS to find a happy place here for Lily of the Valley from my childhood home, but once I did, it has spread like wildfire.  LOVE it, though.  There is nothing (except maybe lilac) to rival its fragrance.  Glad you have some, too!  My lilacs are in bloom, but the Lilys not as yet.  What a glorious time of the year!!!

@YoungAtHeart   

I enjoyed reading how you have Lily of the Valley from your childhood home.  My oldest sister brought some over a couple of years ago. It seems my mom took some from her childhood home.  My sister took some from our childhood home and was kind enough to share after they took off at her home. 

Joyce will agree with you about the fragrance of both.

@Cousin-Itt 

My Mom in her later years let a Forsythia overgrow.  Left to its own devices, the arching branches will drop down and root in the earth in rings around the original ad infinitum.  I brought about 25 of the outer ring here and created a 1/2 acre length hedge along one side of my property.  I have to cut them back about every 8-10 years, and thank goodness I got that done (with help) last year.

No fragrance, but the spring riot of yellow is charming!

RainbowHeart

What a beautiful day it's been. Blue sky, fluffy clouds and temps in the mid-60s. Perfection. I did 3 miles toward the library and then caught a bus for the last mile and the return trip. Then in the late afternoon I did a quick WinCo run for berries as they are coming into season and I got a great deal. I have a big covered glass bowl in the freezer that I throw washed and prepped fruit, because I'm a big child when it comes to the texture of fruit so to save waste I just freeze it and use it instead of ice in smoothies. I also wash and freeze greens for the same reason.

Alright, I'm thinking it's time for dinner. I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free 

1000002546.jpg

I just love the fact that one of your cats is into electronic simulation and the other absorbed by the real world.  Not unlike us humans.  There's something about a black cat in a window that's real special photographically.  Glad you were able to do those 3 miles three days ago.

Maki

Well nothing like babies to revive one’s energy . Lovely day with my son dil and baby .. a first for baby today that mom dad and I were all blessed to see .. so special that he would choose today and even wait til his dad was home from work .. I’m so glad I was there to take pics of mom and dad with him on this first ever moment as well . Perfect timing baby boy . Perfect timing . 
Ended the day with a BBQ. 
Tomorrow is our last warm day and we crash for several with very cold temps and even snow again .. so I must get out for that walk tomorrow because I’ll be indoors again for several . Lol you all talking about lilacs blooming , sounds beautiful to me . 
I went back to read but I must have missed something @indingrl you had a fall ? Hope you are ok . Good to hear everyone doing what they can . Hockey then bed . I moved , I ate , I moved . 
I might add if I were smoking  I may have missed this first . Life is grand without a cigarette in hand .