cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,160 Replies
YoungAtHeart

FINALLY!  A true SPRING DAY!  Mostly sunny, temps in the 70's, not windy!  AHHHHHH!  I will hang out wash first thing, then yard work.  I am having gardeners do most of the flower bed and tree edging and mulching this year.  I am not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds, so bags of mulch are pretty much out for me anymore.  I will do a few areas they will miss, and have help with the bags.  I will work on them, I think, and will just love doing ANYTHING outside today!

I got to sleep with the fragrance of lilacs by my bedside last night!  MY time of year!!!

😁

Maki

Mmmm mmm I feel like I smell lilacs 🙂 kinda nice this way lol I’m not all sneezing this way .. I love lilacs so much , they just don’t love me . 
Online service this morning , hopefully a visit with my other son this afternoon , ( no travelling is involved , he’s close , if not , then a walk later . I must do my band exercises , that’s a must  must must today as well . I just could not find the time the last couple days . Temps begin declining tomorrow until next weekend . That’s all I got here . 

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_1-1713120154197.jpeg

Friday I took a break and had a lovely walk in the park.

Beautiful dear friend @JACKIE1-25-15 

Gentle hug dear one good to hear from you and good self care

I love walking in nature too thank you for beautiful picture I appreciate you 

Sending Hugs and Love.  Have a great day.

indingrl

05d605040731e952acd5de329ef61989.jpg

 up at 430am and prayed

We headed out to enjoy summer day in our spring season in our area of Illinois on this lovely Sunday

12 step fellowshipping with our support group

We are grateful to be alive and physically healthy today 

YoungAtHeart

Ended up doing a neighborhood walk with friend Gretchen, then a bit of weeding in the brick semi-circle and trash can brick  "patio."

Cut, brought in and arranged a few more flowers.  Nose is dripping, but I think it is but a small price to pay for such wonderfulness!

Watched a bit of ballgame.  Perfect day!

😁

Maki

Got out most of the day but nothing exciting to share as far as pictures here , but I love seeing yours . I took weights with me to do while I was waiting at the stops lol got some hi fives for that lol . 
Well dinner time and think I’m just skipping it tonight and going to do the bands now and call it a night . It’s a good day . Gnite all . 

RainbowHeart

Yet another pretty day 🌞

A walk, a little gym time. Tuesday, if all goes well, will be leg day 😁 

Time for dinner, I hope everybody had a good day 🆓

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sunday is my day off from back exercises.  HA!  So I thought anyway.  Got up in back pain today.  (After yesterday - understandable)  So what!  Church, then went to the "old folks home" where one of our parishoners is now living.  Thought I was only going to play to her and her sister.  But her sister kind of shouted out "Come listen to this...!!!" to the entire lunch crowd much to my chagrin.  So I had a small group.  Played my guitar and sang some hymns and then branched out to some old folk songs and a whole bunch of people seemed to enjoy it.  So I guess I'll have to re-learn the old folk songs and ... carry on.  It's a whole new experience for me.  And I'm learning a lot in the process.  It's... wonderful.  

Then to Walmart to return some items and while in line  thought "hey, I can do some of these isometric exercises PT gave me."  And I did.  If I can do them standing at home, I can do them standing in line.  Seriously.  If you're waiting somewhere - doctor's office, (especially in that TINY room where "you're next!" and they can leave you for 45 minutes!)  in line at a grocery store - it's amazing how much stretching or strengthening or EXERCISE you can do.  You don't need to sit there like a blob waiting in mind-numbing frustration.  USE the time.  Course if you're in line with other people and are afraid of looking like an idiot.. that's different.  Fortunately I don't have that fear!  There are enough weirdos in Walmart, I figure I'll just fit right in!  The parking lot at Walmart is slightly down hill and I often, like a teenager, step up on the back rim of the cart and charge off  pushing with one foot like it's a skate board.  One woman today said "You GO girl!"  I loved it.  

Then raked the last area that needs it before I mow it.  That was a killer on the back for an hour.  Then gathered up sticks and debris on another side of the property and hauled THEM away.  And then with my last ounce of effort I wheeled the wheel barrow up the hill and back it into the garage over the uneven steps/stones....   THEN I just lay in the hammock for 15 minutes to unkink.  AND did some more of the PT stretch exercises.  You can exercise any time any where!  Though I do think I'll take an ibuprofen as a special treat tonight.  It's my drug of choice!  lol   May I be an inspiration to you all, like  you all are to me every single day!  

Each of you make me want to do the best I can physially.  When I falter in my commitment to  "move," I witness what you all do.  And you keep me going.   I love you guys.