cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,112 Replies
RainbowHeart

After my shower this morning I noticed a weird bump just above my stitches so now I have an appointment for a "wound check" with my dermatologist tomorrow. Hopefully it's just my strange body, healing strangely, but better to be safe than sorry. I got a little bit of a walk today but didn't go far. Miss Ripley is currently draped over the hurting leg, applying her cat magic

I hope everybody is having a good day 🌄

RainbowHeart

Just wanted to add, Miss Ripley is not directly on the wound. There's a bandage and a pair of pants separating them 😸

Giulia

Here's a happy story.....  I don't think I told you all but several months ago while I was out raking/blowing picking up sticks in back of the barn, I found a bright white golf ball in the leaves.  Impossible that it should be there as there is NOTHING around there, just forest and field on all sides. I mow this area in the spring/summer, rake it every year - as I did this past fall.  So I'm wondering how the heck that golf ball got there.  And then I thought - Rand (my husband) must have dropped it in from Heaven.  Two weeks later I'm back out there raking/blowing and - there's another ball.  Same area.  Rand used to golf a couple of times a week, so I just had to figure it came from him.  Though he NEVER hit a ball behind the barn.

This past week has been a bit difficult emotionally as he died a year ago yesterday.  And that first year anniversary is - rough.  And I was wailing out to the heavens several days ago asking, please for another golf ball.  Please.  I need to know he's okay!!!  I mean I begged God and him for a sign.

I didn't go out there yesterday, but a couple of hours ago I did, to get the mower.  And below is what I saw, gleaming.  A jewel, a gift, another little white miracle. 

Golf Ball 3-25-24.jpg

As you can see from the following three photos - there is NO WAY that ball could get there except from above.  Just had to share.  Needless to say I mowed the front and back lawns with a huge grin on my face!  Left that treasure right there, so when I go out next, I'll find it and remember the joy.

Golf Ball1 circled.JPG

Golf Ball2 circled.JPGGolf Ball3 circled.JPG 

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

O

M

G

How wonderful!  How truly wonderful!

Sending a hug, as well!

81C5RlpzlSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

❤️

biscuit9

What a story @Giulia . I believe in such "signs".  How comforting.  Sending hugs your way.

indingrl

I love having joy in my heart too dear friend @Giulia 

Thank you for sharing your God love story with getting through grieving your 1st year of  your husband dying

My mom will be dead 10 months on April 1st 2024 

Sometimes I am in shock and disbelief yet I write in my journal the reality of grief having it way in and through me with me running to food for comfort or numbing grief out with eating to shut down all feelings of grief

I chose today to put pen to paper and let my feelings of grief working through my mind heart and soul and continue praying for the other blood family who are grieving too 

I am so grateful for your hope filled sharing of your pray to your God 

You inspire me to keep letting grief have its way with my mother vessel and me to let go and let my God to trust Him I will see her again sooner than I think for my belief please take what helps and let go of the rest

Gentle hug and thanks again for sharing your prayers and love through grieving loved ones on the first year death anniversary

I appreciate you lady G

Maki

Thanks for sharing this beautiful love story @Giulia . 
What  a long interesting freezing cold btw kind of day here . I just walked in from a short walk from the bus and just two blocks home and I’m froze . So glad to be home . 
Now today was first day of the kinesiology classes and I can tell you I’m very impressed and I have no doubt in my mind it will prove to be a good class . She is one tough cookie and I like that . She wants to get us results . She is the tough love kind that is really quite invested in helping her class be the best they can be . Today was a lot of administration stuff , but we got ten minutes in and I’m beat lol . Oops hit post , wasn’t suppose to happen just yet .. anyway my first impressions …  I felt already an accomplishment in my goal  far more so than I felt going to physio .  Lots to learn I think about it too and what all they can help with so I am excited to go back . 

Maki

@RainbowHeart , glad to hear you are getting it checked , whe you said your leg was hurting I thought of asking if you had seen them to have stitches out or if your home nurse had taken a look . I agree better to be safe. 
Loved see the green in the woods and lawns .. kinda warmed me up when I got home . Now can I sneak in a chai tea or will I not sleep .. 

SuzyQ411

Thinking of you tonight Staci / @RainbowHeart and strongly hoping -- and praying also-- that your leg is ok! ❤️