cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,150 Replies
indingrl

Thank you @Maki  I do love snow and I am good at helping shovel snow too

Sootie

WOW! I did not feel like I was away from the site for too long...BUT....I had a ton of posts to go back and read so that I could understand your references to each other! I've gotten hooked on The Crown on Netflix and am viewing several episodes every night which cuts down on my EX time!

Our weather goes from bad to good daily.....so, so strange. I continue my weight routine but I am dying for the weather to take permanent better turn away from torrential rain so that I can get out. I can walk inside and so...but as we all know it is not the same.

@Cousin-Itt @Barbscloud  I LOVE Home Depot and Lowe's as well.....I really am not handy but still love to walk around and look.

@Giulia With regard to the pear trees......people tell me the same about my trumpet vine....."it's invasive, it will take over". I guess maybe so.....I'm no expert. But when it blooms and I am sitting outside looking at it, I get such great joy and peace from the beauty. I keep after it so that it does not invade the siding on the house (I let it do that once and we had to replace the siding (Charlie was less than thrilled). Even when I am cutting it back I regret it as it is just so gorgeous (and of course, because it is invasive....it grows like cray and makes me feel successful at planting and gardeing---- -hahahaha!!!!

And----with regard to the world being depressing......the world is also beautiful and hopeful and bright. As always, we need to take the bad with the good and make of it what we can.  MOO as Giulia would say!!!!

Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

YoungAtHeart

@Sootie 

When I ordered my Sycamore, a friend was aghast.  "Oh, they make such a MESS!  The obnoxious seed balls are just AWFUL, and the bark peels off ALL OVER GROUND !  Oh, NO; you don't want THAT tree!!!!!"

Welp, I am here to tell you that I LOVE my Sycamore!  I LOVE its gorgeous camouflage looking bark in the winter, it's canopy of shade in the summer.  It has grown quickly, and the "obnoxious seed balls" disintegrate almost entirely on the ground.  It sheds its bark as it grows, and the pieces that fall, to an artist's eye, are intriguing!

Beauty (surely) is in the eye of the beholder (and the beholder's willingness to put in the work to enjoy it!).  Trumpet vines are ALSO good for the birds and bees!  Do you get hummingbirds?

😁

Cousin-Itt

Good morning, all

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well. 

Thursday I put the new grill together and like every man the first thing I did was toss the directions.  After removing all the parts I made sure my neighbors weren't out and reclaimed the directions. Who would have thought I have no extra nuts, bolts or screws and it looks like the picture on the box.

Yesterday Joyce and I spent the day going through old boxes and storage tubs Lots of childhood memories for both. We didn't throw much away but did condense a lot. 

This afternoon we are off to walk Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum before our nice warm weather turns back to winter early spring temps

Barbscloud

@Cousin-Itt I just assembled two new chairs for my front porch.   I just love the lack of instructions anymore.  There wasn't one word, just some diagrams with some letters including three different packets of nuts and bolts with there own letters of identification.  What a joy!

In fact some items don't even include instructions anymore--fend for yourself online.

Hope you grill works when you fire it up.  😊

Barb

YoungAtHeart

@Cousin-Itt 

Sounds like a perfect day!  Enjoy the heck out of it.  I remember the pics from the cemetery - a glorious place!

I am off to do another wooded Rails to Trails walk today, and listen to the birds.  Not as warm as it has been, but the high winds are due to arrive tomorrow, so I want to get one more trail walk in before.  I don't do forest walks in high winds!

RainbowHeart

Hello moving friends, it's Saturday 🥳

Feeling infinitesimally better than yesterday, no big leaps here. Yesterday I contemplated the growing pile of laundry but didn't actually get any of it done. I did finally get the dishwasher loaded and unloaded, it took three days but I did it 😁 Slept like a stone.

I wanted to share my "hack" for when I'm working in the kitchen and the kitties want to "help" 😸😸

1000002423.jpg

 I hope everybody is having a good day, smoke free 🆓

Barbscloud

@RainbowHeart How cute.  They love watching "dripping" water.   I had one that loved to bat the water.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

Wouldn't it be nice if we were entertained so easily?  Actually, though, TV might actually fall into a like category!!!  

My kitty only drank water from a trickling faucet.  She snorted it up her nose if she tried to drink from a bowl!

Maki

Pup and I got our walk in , now my turn , too beautiful to be indoors . Grocery time . Catch you all tomorrow after church service .I’m going going in person tomorrow , thanks Sootie for your inspiration to do so , better than sitting ,  it’s moving 🙂 

I thought cats hate water . My cats never ever got on the counters tops . I did work at it though and trained them from a young age .
I found a lost cats home yesterday on our walk .. called the number on the mailbox , I  wasn’t sure if it was theirs or if the cat would still be around by the time I got hold of them , but got a call this morning , Taz is home . Was so happy for them . It was about a mile from their home and three days he was gone . So grateful they were united . 
k I am  off  .Hope you all are moving this afternoon too .