cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
elvan

roller831‌ Bending over when I am doing some of the lifting pushes my lungs up and causes me to be very short of breath.  I can't lift much because my shoulders are shot...no rotator cuffs, both biceps torn, I am working with deltoids and triceps alone.  I have to keep the weights low so I don't dislocate what I have left.  I also use bands.  I don't think I ever lifted more than 60 lbs but that was years and years ago.  Dead lifting was never something I did.  Congratulations on losing your Holiday weight, I am so sorry about the death of your husband's uncle.  Thinking of you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

Kudos to you all.  Roller - 205 pounds is - let's just say you must have a fabulous butt and legs!  Yowza!  And brava on the -5.8 pounds.  And  ditto Jennifer on your -3 pounds.  Jackie your avatar picture shows exactly how much "moving" you've been doing.  Gorgeous bod, lady!

I managed to get my butt outside yesterday and began cutting up the mess by the barn.  Of course it took FOREVER to get the darn saw started.  "Quick Start" it is NOT!  While waiting for it to remember how to fire itself, I hauled the cart back to the house and filled up the tires as they were practically flat, then back to the barn to try the saw again.  Eventually I got the sucker going and did one gas load full then hauled a load of wood back to the house.  Was gonna get back out there today, but it's raining.  Will try again tomorrow.  Glad to get back to moving !

elvan

Giulia‌ I have no concept of what a cartload of tires weighs or what it is like to cut up wood with a chainsaw...I am pretty sure that there is not a chance that I could do either.  I did do my ten miles on the bike and the upper body thing as well.  I am close to being ready to using the weights again but I really don't want to push too hard...I have the bands sitting right here next to me...not doing much good there, are they?

We have freezing rain today, all the schools closed and then all of the municipal offices closed as well, rain when it is cold is not very pleasant, makes it FEEL much colder than it is.

Roller831

LOL!  The fabulous butt and legs is more like fabulously large!  I like big butts and I can not lie....

Giulia

No, I hauled the cart back to the house and filled the tires with AIR.  The cart I eventually filled with wood.  And don't tell me you couldn't chain saw.  You can do ANYTHING.  We all know that.

elvan

Giulia‌ Yeah, not so much.  I have no strength in my shoulders and arms because they are so damaged.  When you go to the doctor and they have you hold your arms out in front of you and they tell you not to let them push them down...yeah, a fly could land on them and down they go.  There is no shoulder joint left and no musculature where it should be.  I can't carry more than one small bag of groceries at a time.  It's pathetic...oh and the chain saw would scare the crap out of me.  Thanks for the vote of confidence though...I'd LOVE to have a butt roller831‌.  I have NEVER had one...squats are out of the question.

Good night all, what on earth am I doing up so late?????

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Glad to know that you got to do what you really enjoy.  Being outdoors doing whatever you what how you want when and as long as you want.  Such a good feeling.  Now I am going to play the devil's advocate.  TAKE CARE THAT YOU DO NOT OVERWORK YOUR YOUNG BODY! Now I said it. 

JACKIE1-25-15

Since the holidays, I have been a little slow with the MOVING.  I did ride my bike and yesterday I shovel snow.  Slow and easy as I go.  I am keeping MOVING until I get back to a regular EXercise routine.  Right I think about it more than doing it. I will get there. Got to get to MOVING.  Have a great day everyone.  Be Safe. My Theme Song.

elvan

JACKIE1-25-15‌ YOUR idea of slow moving is clearly effective and probably more than most people.  We have all seen your glam shots.

I have a really stupid question...when people talk about how effective their weight loss program is, they often say, I lost X pounds and X inches...the pounds I get, obviously, but the inches??? What do you measure?  Do you measure in more than one place and add up the number of inches that went down or do you just measure your waist?  My waist is so screwed up because of my scoliosis that I have a one-sided muffin top.  I have a hard time putting on pants with buttons and zippers because they are not designed for crooked people. It's pretty aggravating.

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Greetings All!  I am a new In my quit (17 days) and have used that as an excuse to eat all sorts of garbage that I know is bad for me. So... enough of that. I knew there had to be a group/blog for people who are working out and here you are. You all seem to be very close and I hope you won’t mind a newcomer.  I continued going to the gym over the last couple of weeks but it’s all for naught since I come home and eat chocolate chip cookies in place of the cigarettes I was smoking. 

I like the idea of having a place to be accountable. I’ll be 55 in April and my goal is to lose another 20 pounds or as close as I can get to it by then.  Looking forward to “The Challenge!”

0 Kudos