cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for your comments.  I enjoy the time you share with us.  God bless you and Happy New Year. 

0 Kudos
shashort

Hey Jackie thanks for the shout out. Glad to hear you got your challenge in for the week. So curious Jackie after reading Sootie comment how much snow you all getting? Sorry snickered at her comment about the snow haha.  I hope to eventually get back into exercising.  Actually OT just cleared me to lift 1-2 lb hand weights with my left hand,  Actually pretty exciting that I can hold the weight and not drop it on my feet. I can even hold the hair dryer in my left hand and not drop it and konking myself in the head.  So I have been doing some arm exercises.  Unfortunately my foot doesn't seem to be healing as quick as my hand, so still not able to do cardio.  Trying to keep the walking to bare necessity in hopes it might heal better and quicker. I am still in a darn boot.  elvan  way to go keeping with the 10 miles after taking a short break from it and 3 days completed.  Great going!  PT has me do bike for 5 min for warm up and even that makes my foot ache.  Glad to see you Trudy tjanddj  so sorry to hear of Matthews news of the tumor growing. Sending prayer for you both. Sootie  if staying warm burns calories then we all should be losing. Temps here below zero so takes a lot of effort getting warm. Darn I wished it worked that way lol.  Oh yeah thanks for giving this page a refreshing for the new years. Everyone stay warm and of course  keep the moving mooving moving going. Hopefully will be back in the swing soon. I know I am not able to do walking  for cardio until Feb 14 when I see the doctor again.  Good to see everyone getting back in here.

0 Kudos
Roller831

Thanks for starting a new thread JACKIE1-25-15‌ and the shout out!  I am working out 4x this week and then hope to maintain 3x per week.  My goals for the next 8 weeks are mostly weight lifting goals and ultimately I want to deadlift 300 pounds by the end of the year.  I am still thinking about walk/running a half marathon, but the thought of training for it (I am not a fast runner nor like it very much) has me thinking twice.  I can get the same benefits of running from lifting and I enjoy lifting so much more.

Anyway...I will also continue to eat like a fit person and hopefully shed some serious poundage this year as a by-product of moving and eating right!

JACKIE1-25-15

10.3 inches and freezing.  You definitely are keeping it MOVING.  Glad you are having progress in some areas.  Please Please be careful.  Don't drop the weight on your foot. OUCH!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am sure you are on the mark.  I really enjoy running, jogging, walking.  I love the CHALLENGE @68 yrs young. I amaze myself.  I love the air in my hair and on my face. I love the new life without smoking. I do a little cardio and yoga at a rec center. 3-5 lb weights while walking.  The only other weights I lift are the landscaping bricks around my flower beds.  I arrange them quite often.  It think it must be my OCD.  In my other life I wanted to be a body builder but I think you have that covered.  Keep It MOVING.  Today's goal is to ride my indoor bike for 20 minutes today.

0 Kudos
elvan

JACKIE1-25-15‌ and shashort‌ That comment about dropping the weight on your foot has me cringing.  roller831‌ three hundred pounds????  Are you KIDDING me?  My God...I cannot imagine that.  I lifted weights regularly for a long time but never anything impressive at all.  I really do LIKE it because you feel like you have really burned calories and built strength.  Now, I am down to little Barbie weights and I am stuck there.  Would also love to run but that's not going to happen, even walking takes a huge toll.  Not being able to catch my breath is terrifying.  

Have to get to the bike today, work tomorrow, sleep Sunday.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

New year - new thread - good idea Jackie!  I managed to keep up with my walking routine during the holidays - and even managed to lose 3 pounds.  Would like to lose another 10 - we will see.  I bought myself a late X-mas present - a new pair of walking shoes.  Today is only the second day that I have worn them but they are very comfortable and my feet don't seem to be hurting as much.  As long as we are moving to the best of our abilities we are doing a good thing!

JACKIE1-25-15

Image result for wow

Congratulations on the 3lb weight loss. 

Amazing for the holidays.  Keep It MOVING

0 Kudos
shashort

Congratulations Jennifer Jennifer-Quit  on losing 3 pounds especially over the holidays Woot woot good job. Whew Jackie JACKIE1-25-15  that is a lot of snow YUCK!! don't think we have had that much snow at a time for awhile. Stay safe and warm.  elvan  and Jackie no worries I'm not taking chances on dropping weight on foot I have my foot covered with foot stool over it and sit while doing hand weights.  Wow roller831  holy moly did you say you dead  close to 300 lbs. That's alot of weight!! Good going.

Roller831

Let me clarify...I am currently dead lifting 205 lbs. and my goal is to get to 300 lbs. by the end of the year.  I apologize for not being around this weekend.  We had a wedding to go to and found out my husband's uncle passed away.  The wake is tonight and funeral tomorrow.  We were trying to get everything done this weekend and I am also in the busy time of year at work.  But...I did manage to weigh in at WW (Weight Watchers) and lost 5.8 lbs this week!  WOOHOO!!!  I took off the couple of pounds I put on in December and a little bit more!  I am pleased.

I am happy to see everyone moving this year!  elvan‌ I don't get out of breath by lifting, but I was on the rowing machine and felt like my lungs were burning.  It was awful.  I'm so sorry you have to live like that.

0 Kudos