cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about special events for community members to come together, learn, and socialize

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

EX Café 2024 Schedule: A Social Space for Your Quit Journey

EX Café 2024 Schedule.png

Hello EX Community and Knights of N.O.P.E! Quitting tobacco is a challenge, but it's easier with friends. Our EX Café isn't just a support call, it's a social gathering where you can connect and relax with others on the same journey.

EX Café Highlights:

The EX Café is our monthly Zoom meetup focused on camaraderie and shared experiences. While expert facilitators from the Mayo Clinic's Nicotine Dependence Center are available for advice, the spotlight is on you and your peers to chat, share stories, and support each other.

Session Times & How to Join:

We meet on the third Wednesday of each month in two sessions:

Choose a session, register with your community email, and join us for a great time. Once you've added the event to your calendar, you'll have the entire series with reminders for the entire year.

Why Join the EX Café?

It's a place to unwind, laugh, and find friends who get what you're going through. Share your journey, listen to others, and maybe pick up some tips along the way.

Questions about signing up or Zoom? Ask below. Here's a quick tutorial:

If you've been to an EX Café, we'd love to hear about it in the comments!

*Note: Details may change. Always check the latest information. We'll do our best to get the word out in advance of each session via popups and forum reminders. If you're having trouble logging in or need the Zoom link, please message us at @CommunityAdmin 

EX Community Admin Team
26 Replies
SuzyQ411

Done @Maki  😊 Sent a post to @zipzap500 ~ 😊

0 Kudos
lurenda1

My name is Lurenda Blackwell and I have a date to stop along with Chantix but I’m trying on my own until I start to just see how hard it will 

SuzyQ411

Welcome! I see that you have set a quit date for January 31st @lurenda1 . What wonderful news! Read all you can onsite to help build your determination and educate you on nicotine addiction. Click here for some good info The Best Of The Ex ~ Also, if you start your own thread you will have a better chance of getting responses and support. To do this, go to the homepage and click on the box that says "To post a Journal / Blog."  When you do that, a pop up for assistance in doing this comes up. Wishing you the best!! Hope to run into you again on the EX ❤️ 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning! The Sunrise Café is opening up its doors. IMG_0027.jpeg

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

Gorgeous sunrise! But too early for me to be ready to participate! I am not  a morning person. But plan to be there at noon. Anyone else going to the noon session?

biscuit9

It is a good time to ask questions and get some personalized instruction and help.  I have joined a few times now and hope more people can utilize this tool.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Noon Café is open for business! ☀️🥘

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

NOON EX CAFE FOR JANUARY 17, 2024

CAFE. Coffee cups.jpg

@biscuit9 ~ You are right in your positive comments about the Cafe gatherings. And today's noon session proved to be not only an informative and therapeutic  experience but a bonding one as well. Participating from @CommunityAdmin were Todd and Quiana (so great to put her face to the name) and two new members just fresh into their quits,  @Cbefree and @craw4d215 . Among the topics shared were delay and distraction techniques, the dangers of "smoking just one to take the edge off", and the importance of having a quit plan in place. For reference, Todd shared this link to information on creating  a quit kit:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Journals-Blogs/Building-Your-Quit-Kit-Tasty-Alternatives-to-Ke....

In closing, I am sending encourgement for others to sign up for a February 21st Cafe event at either 8 AM or Noon!  Hope to see you there~

Ok

Cindy Smith Hobbs
zipzap500

WOW! Where is this. I want to go camping now up to lake Superior. Saxon Harbor. We had sunset like this 3 nights in a row. It is beautiful up there. Gotta be rich if you want a home on that lake. 

0 Kudos