cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

Thank you!! Your prayers are welcomed and appreciated! ~ Suzy

0 Kudos

Thanks in case I have not replied before. I get lost in the messages sometimes here. Hope you and your family are doing good @wpwwusncorpsman 

0 Kudos

Thank you for the encouragement & your prayers. It's been a struggle today and I'm trying to find a good Christian based church that I can attend I surely need the fellowship. I'm so grateful that I not only reconnected to the ex community but that I found this sub group. I hope all is going well with you and your family

Tracey Decambra

@Momoffivesons It's been pretty good for me and my family. My kids are going to Vacation Bible School this week, although my daughter missed today because she poked her eye last night. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow or we will have to go to urgent care. Sorry you had struggles today, I will continue to pray for you and I sincerely hope you can find a new church family soon

Praying that your daughter's eye is ok @wpwwusncorpsman !

BTW, would you be comfortable sharing your first name with us to use when we address you? (Mine is Susan but I prefer my nickname Suzy) 🙂 

When my kids were young (I have 3 sons) I was a Sunday School Teacher AND also taught each summer at Vacation Bible School. I also have fond memories of VBS when I was a kid.

My name is Weston. Thank you for the prayers for my daughters eye, she is really having a rough time and keeps refusing to take her eye drops which is a whole hassle lol. I use to volunteer in kids ministry with the special needs group at Christ's Church of the Valley and at Harvest Church (Harvest is a pentecostal church and CCV is non denominational) it was a lot of fun. I now volunteer at Desert Hills Baptist church in the Guest Services. I hope to get training to be a mental health coach since I myself suffer from psychiatric issues worsened by military service, however the church has put a hold on that, at least for a little while.

@wpwwusncorpsman  Hi Weston, Awww I am sorry to hear that about your daughter's eye. I pray she gets healing and becomes more comfortable with the eye drops. 

I hope to get well enough someday to start volunteering somewhere. It sounds like a rewarding and actually a healing thing to do. I admire you for what you are doing. May God keep you in his best graces and your family too!

Sherri

@jewlz23 thank you Sherri for your prayers for my daughter. I hope you can find a place to volunteer, it really is rewarding. I can't work due to mental health disabilities so being able to volunteer at church ( I also volunteer with the Veterans of Foreign Wars where I am the Jr. Vice Commander) is very rewarding and I think it is also beneficial towards my mental health as well.

@wpwwusncorpsman  It's great to personally meet you Weston! I do not envy you trying to get  drops into the eye of a resistant little girl!! (I say this both as a Mom and as a retired RN.) Your "pull" to volunteer in various ways is so admirable. It seems you have much to give to others. I'll bet you were great with the special needs kids and would also be a fantastic mental health coach; you seem like such a caring guy!

0 Kudos

@SuzyQ411 I didn't know you were a R.N. I was a LVN after the navy for a few years, or you might know it as LPN as I think California is the only state that uses LVN. As a LVN I use to work with special needs patients, I also worked in drug research for a little bit. As a corpsman in the Navy, I worked in ICU and step-down as well as telemetry and as a medic in Kuwait. I also was an Xray tech as a corpsman. What field were you in as a R.N.?