Mortalzeus

The EX Café Thur 02.09.17

Welcome to the EX Café     Thursday 02.09.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
128 Replies
Mortalzeus

I can imagine the frustration of the process has got to be too much! However, I feel strongly that you will embrace this challenge and in the end prevail. 

0 Kudos
Christine13

Good Morning, I would love a cup of black coffee and those donuts look amazing.  Mortalzeus, your twin baby girls are so adorable!  I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend Kimberly.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

0 Kudos
c2q

Sad news, Kimberly. I'm pulling up a chair to join you and susan_m over here on the sundeck. I'm glad there's enough seating for all of your EXmates who are thinking of you today. xx

Mortalzeus

Christine, not sure what kinda of doughnuts you wanted, so I brought a variety:)

Donut-Mugs.jpg

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thomas,

One thing I learned in therapy is to "pre-empt" my day; if I know of an event, meeting, training, that can potentially cause stress I plan on how to deal with it so when it arrives it won't cause stress anymore.

Another way is recognize my negative automated thought causing me stress "oh, gosh, this person does not like me, everything I can say/do will not be good enough" and replace it with an objective, make sense one: "I'll do my best and if she/he does not like it, that is their problem not mine"

Meditate

Take a walk, or two (so awesome to be an EX, I can use my breaks at work to take a walk, rather than spending it sucking in a couple of smokes)

Watching my pets play in the backyard, and joining them if I am up to it

freeneasy

On my way out to do some snow removal... looks like we got about 6 inches. Can't complain too much though this is only really the 1st time all winter I had to get the snowblower fired up.  glad I don't smoke anymore. I need another cup of java 1st...

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

yeti_claus_travel_mug-re9150c5db5fd40b094adf2746a9902ca_x7jsd_8byvr_324.jpg

I put your coffee in a "Yeti" cup to keep it hot:)

Mortalzeus

WOW! That is a perfect setting to relax and reflect!

0 Kudos
MePlus3

I'll take a teddy bear capp along with Nancy's omelets sitting on the sundeck with my ex family! Im about to call the school and see if I could talk to the financial aid advisor I think my emotions are in check for the moment!

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

IMG_0196.JPGthQFPJYZLO.jpg

Omelette with home fries?  Good Luck with the call!  You got this! Embrace it and control it:)