The EX Café Mon 02.13.17

Welcome to The EX Café  Monday 02.13.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
65 Replies
Mortalzeus

babies.JPG

Morning Thomas, glad to have you join us again!  Girls are just dreamy!  There is no way I deserve so much beauty and so much love.  They are ready for Valentines Day!  Loved your post last night!

Mortalzeus

Maple Long Johns, Must be my birthday

Mortalzeus

Thanks for stopping in Rachel and letting us know you arrived  

c2q

Hi, Barista exceptionnel! You know, the World Barista Championship is in Seoul this year.

2017 World Barista Championship - Seoul, South Korea - World Coffee Events 

I wonder if they take virtual contenders? I'd put our baristas up against any of them, anywhere, anywho.

Good morning, everyone.  Today is ::: 

February 13th

I never knew there was a clean out your computer day, but hey, I learned something new today.  I'm in the mood for a strawberry shake this morning....... have a great day !!!

Pops

Sweaty smells are nothing to have in our cafe' thank you very much....

c2q

LOL to the both of you, crazymama_Lori‌ and my Barista Hero Pops‌! Top of the morning to you both!

Pops

I used to ski that lake all of the time when I lived in Sacramento.  I'd whitewater kayak the feather river that fed it as well.  That lake is very large.  I read today that it has the tallest spillway of any resevoir in the country!  All of the surrounding land is just above sea level.  Flat as a pancake.  They flood almost every year.  The snow covers the Sierras and the warm rain (called the pineapple express) comes in from the southern pacific and melts all of the snow then the floods come almost every year.  "Dumbest" place in the entire state to put the capitol.  The confluence of three of the largest rivers in the west coast is right smack in the middle of Sacramento...Bunch of idiots... 

On a lighter note, I love how the place is looking this morning Darren....

I will be dropping in from time to time today.  I am earning the real doughnuts today...

Pops

MarilynH

We've got the same blizzard happening here in the Maritimes, ugggggggggh I am so ready for Spring and I'm sure there's many of us that are, all schools are closed along with most everything else but hubby went to work and so did Mason's Dad and probably my daughter will too even though the police are saying stay off the roads but I guess I traveled in all kinds of weather too and never missed a day but now that I'm retired I have a choice whether I need to be on the roads or not and just like quitting smoking l choose NOT, I pray that everyone everywhere that's in the path of this blizzard stays safe and stay warm, draw off lots of water in case of power outages and be careful shoveling, I've already been out once and probably will be several more times, just a coffee for me please and thank you. 

c2q

Here's the beverage to go with the toast - non-alcoholic Irish Coffee. The recipe calls for 

• 6 ounces strong coffee     1 tablespoon sugar     2 ounces whipping cream

I like to add some mint syrup for my friends in place of the sugar. Enjoy!