cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge September 2017

Happy September everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps to hold ourselves accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's  ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better! And be PROUD of YOU!

A special mention to Pops (Ken) who did such a magnificent job with this Pledge Page. Sorry you left us. You are missed. Hope you come back some day.

If there is anyone interested in taking over the Pledge Page - please let it be known. I'm just filling in for now.

======

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

=================== 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
363 Replies
Giulia

Nice number, freeneasy‌  

Giulia

Hey Kelly, looks like you were left dangling.  Not any more.  I've got your other hand!  Kudos on the 183 smoke-free day!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Aw, you were left there dangling too, Roller.  That's all right, I've got your hand.  I'll just play octopus here.

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Hey Sharon, I gratefully take your hand and pledge to not smoke. Here's my other hand to the nEXt. 

Dian

Thanks Giulia‌ for doing the September pledge. I hope Pops comes back too some day. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

"I hope Pops comes back too some day."  Me too!

0 Kudos
c2q

Hurrah for 1700, Jim! Terrific number you got there, freeneasy‌!

elvan

Good morning Giulia‌ and Diannnnn‌ I am not sure whose hand I am taking this morning but I am happy to take BOTH of your hands as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I am off to work for the day.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ellen 1322 DOF

MarilynH

Good morning everyone, I'll gladly take your hand Ellen and pledge not to smoke, here's my free hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Hi Marilyn, I gladly take your hand and extend the other to the next in line! No smokes today!

3 YEARS TODAY OF FREEDOM~Missy

c2q

Congratulations on 3 years Missy!

Mandolinrain‌, I am happy to take your hand today and join you in the pledge to not smoke, no matter what life throws at me. I offer my hand to the nEXt to join us in this pledge.

Pati 2316 DOF

"It's not the number of days in your quit, it's the quititude in your days."

Yeah Missy! Three years!